What's new

Need solid info to help convince my gf that noble kava is safe

Thom Yorke

dancing on a wire with both ends on fire
Ok well I showed this post to my girl and my mate...it would seem they now feel comfortable with trying kava!
Thank-You all for your input!
My GF is going to have some with me this weekend, and my best mate is going to try some next weekend at his halloween party (after the evening winds down when theres just a few of us left handing out )
This forum is the bees knees!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I once got my friend's grandma to drink kava based on the same picture (y)
(this is the same grandma that unknowingly consumed hell's bells/white trumpet tea (not by my doing)) god rest her soul :angelic:jawdrop:

D

Deleted User01

@shakas, tell us more about Grandma (God Bless her Lil' Old Soul). Did she get any effects? Or did she just say, "I don't know how you guys can drink this shit".:ROFLMAO:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hey, didn't you say you were going to (or considering) selling some gourmet kava from other islands?? If so, how would you go about verifying they are Noble?? (just curious)
Well HeadHodge, first we take the kava and we torture it, we only ask one question and it is "are you noble or tudei"? at first the kava will not talk, the kava acts all tough but vee have vays of making zem talk. :ROFLMAO: So after drowning the kava, and squeezing it too death, the kava finaly admit if it is noble or tudei, it never fails. This test is fool proof and 100% effective. :LOL:
Aloha.

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Well HeadHodge, first we take the kava and we torture it, we only ask one question and it is "are you noble or tudei"? at first the kava will not talk, the kava acts all tough but vee have vays of making zem talk. :ROFLMAO: So after drowning the kava, and squeezing it too death, the kava finaly admit if it is noble or tudei, it never fails. This test is fool proof and 100% effective. :LOL:
Aloha.

Chris
I think this may be the most scientifically accurate test, to date. :pompus:

:D

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
@shakas, tell us more about Grandma (God Bless her Lil' Old Soul). Did she get any effects? Or did she just say, "I don't know how you guys can drink this shit".:ROFLMAO:
She was catholic and refused to drink any at first, as she just assumed we were sittin' around getting "pie eyed", as per usual.
Once we explained it to her, and gave her the Pope evidence, she gladly gulped down a few chugs...but not a whole shell. Never mentioned any effects, just made bitter face.
On Hell's Bells, however, ...she stared in the mirror for an hour.

Last edited:

KavaCat

Meow.
I didn't read the whole thread, but after about three or four months of drinking kava two to three times a week, I went to the ER, for something that could not possibly be kava related (it was something that would have had to occur over the course of YEARS, not months), where they did a full metabolic profile, to see what was going on, and as other have said, liver function, which would be your concern, was absolutely 100% fine. So were all my other metabolic functions, but they were looking for every possible thing. It's even printed on the bill as "Full Metabolic Profile"
@GourmetHawaiianKava
... That guy has a lucky wife. Works hard, cute, and happy! :smuggrin:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Aloha.

Chris
It reminds of this (audio only):

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well what ever you do, don't show her this Video, of a dude, that had way too much kava. Just kidding, but its still a funny video. Much Love Roaddog....

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
lol...there's some part of me that's jealous of that guy. such a level of comfort...:jawdrop::LOL:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
lol...there's some part of me that's jealous of that guy. such a level of comfort...:jawdrop::LOL:
Ho, I agree. He totally does it, like he is at home, in his own bathroom. I mean, he does a short look around, but after that, pure comfort, takes over. He is in full kick back mode. Much love. Roaddog....

Thom Yorke

dancing on a wire with both ends on fire
I once got my friend's grandma to drink kava based on the same picture (y)
(this is the same grandma that unknowingly consumed hell's bells/white trumpet tea (not by my doing)) god rest her soul :angelic:jawdrop:
Back in 2009 I rented a house near the beach in Sarasota FL for the winter with my grandma and son. I wanted to get my grandma away from the harsh Michigan winter because each year it got harder and harder for her to handle the cold. My grandma was 94 at the time and suffered from severe anxiety, arthritis, constipation, and always had trouble sleeping. I told her about kava and what it could do for her. She tried it one night...a strong batch of NAH stone. She hated the taste, and was chasing gulps of grog with fresh squeezed oj. After about 3 shells worth, she says "oh my, I feel wonderful". She slept well for the first time in ages. The next morning she said "that stuff made me feel so wonderful, i felt like I was cured from all my troubles". She drank it every night after that for the next four years till she passed. She decreased her xanax prescription in half and rarely had trouble sleeping. It also helped her tremendously with her constipation problems.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

OK, here's an endorsement, from the US Government.

You know what that thing is with all the legs? That's a kava bowl, usually called a "Tanoa" in these forums. The Tanoa represents service to the chief.

Kava is on your money. My wife is on Commonwealth money. Both are sexy, in their own way.
I bought a silver graded proof of this coin just so I could prove to people that kava is deeply in the culture.

KavaCat

Meow.
Back in 2009 I rented a house near the beach in Sarasota FL for the winter with my grandma and son. I wanted to get my grandma away from the harsh Michigan winter because each year it got harder and harder for her to handle the cold. My grandma was 94 at the time and suffered from severe anxiety, arthritis, constipation, and always had trouble sleeping. I told her about kava and what it could do for her. She tried it one night...a strong batch of NAH stone. She hated the taste, and was chasing gulps of grog with fresh squeezed oj. After about 3 shells worth, she says "oh my, I feel wonderful". She slept well for the first time in ages. The next morning she said "that stuff made me feel so wonderful, i felt like I was cured from all my troubles". She drank it every night after that for the next four years till she passed. She decreased her xanax prescription in half and rarely had trouble sleeping. It also helped her tremendously with her constipation problems.
Aw, that's a kind of beautiful story. I imagine if she had kept on feeling like she did, she might not have gone on as long. Digestion issues can really wreak havoc on your health, especially.