What's new

Negating Kava Coldness and other side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
If you tend to get cold and feel off when your getting krunk on the awa'. A simple energetic balance is a cup of chai tea. Any spice will not only enhance effects but negate the side effects such as nausea chills and overall "off" feeling.

GussWest

Kava Enthusiast
Upton is on my no fly list.

Rishi has a great rooibos chai and bergamot/earl gray rooibos.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
My experience is that Kava and stimulants are a mind-bending combination. I've had panic attacks when I've followed tea/coffee with Kava or vice versa.
I've had similiar problems. I did'nt actually have a panic attack but I experienced the nauseating adrenalin dump that would come along with a panic attack.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I drink kava with coffee on a regular basis and it doesn't bother me. I keep caffeine pills for those days when I'm really tired. I tried taking that with kava, and it wasn't a good feeling. It felt like it negated the effects of the caffeine and made me feel funny.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Caffiene by itself is a dangerous and sub par chemical.. as is any chemical.
Look up caffiene over dose then look up coffee overdose. One exists one doesnt.

Holy basil chai from mountain rose herbs is what I drink.
Holy basil is an amazing nervous system tonic

verticity

I'm interested in things
Caffiene by itself is a dangerous and sub par chemical.. as is any chemical.
Look up caffiene over dose then look up coffee overdose. One exists one doesnt.

Holy basil chai from mountain rose herbs is what I drink.
Holy basil is an amazing nervous system tonic
No, caffeine is not really dangerous. Of course an overdose is unpleasant, but it would take 5-10 grams of caffeine (or 6-12 gallons of coffee) to actually kill you. And with the pills it is easier to overdose. But if you use some common sense and don't take like 5 pills at a time or something dumb, it is safe.

Maybe you are referring to Andrew Weil's theory that isolated drug chemicals are more dangerous than the whole plant that they occur in. He gives the example of cocaine: cocaine is highly addictive and dangerous, but if you have to chew a mouthful of coca leaves for an hour to get any effect, it is less so. But in the case of caffeine pills, it is important to follow the instructions and no over-do it, but they are not really dangerous.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I do agree with what others have said here though, that kava does not mix well with caffeine in any form.

Status
Not open for further replies.