What's new

Micronized Kava Review Nene

D

Deleted User01

This is Nene Micronized. I open the bag and the powder is very, very light colored. This does not agree with the Nene that BulaBuck reviewed back when and I need Chris to confirm the color for me. I did some in Ginger Ale and there was zero kava taste. So then I did another round in plain water and chugged it. I can barely taste it. I will bet that Nene Root Powder makes a great tasting Tea. This Kava is like Moi and in fact it has the same Chemotype. It is mildly heady and mildly sedating. The Hawaiian Legend says that the Islanders used this Kava as medicine for their children. If you gave a child a very light dose, then I think he would relax and sleep well. It is well balanced but not overpowering. Right now I'm working my butt off at my desk but feeling very relaxed. As a disclaimer, let me say that it is very hard to listen to the Kava when you are working. I'm going to give it a shot tonite and hit the couch to see what it has to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Bulabuck, you didn't flub. I send Chris an email and it seems like he is playing Mad Scientist/Kava Farmer with some of his Kavas. Here is what he told me:

"The difference in the Nene is the darker one was pure lateral roots, the one you have is the top portion of the stump, no stalks ever but I am experimenting on the different portions of the stump to see if there is a difference in potency and quality of taste. I have so far noticed the lower stump is better than the upper part of the stump. I am working on another batch of Nene that has the lower stump that is below ground, it looks about the same and taste is about the same but I think you might find the effect is very different. I am trying to find a great tasting kava that will glue you to the couch."

More on the Review
Thanks Chris but I don't need to be glued to the couch ... well ... maybe sometimes. So on a hunch, I took another tablespoon of the Nene at 1.5 hours before bed. I did get on the couch and I was watching the game on mute while listening to an audiobook. I started feeling tired and sleepy. The alarm clock woke me this morning and that is rare. The Nene tastes good, it is gentle, but it is a great sleepytime Kava. When I do Hiwa, I will sometimes wake up with a sore jaw. This comes from vivid dreams about class reunions and featuring guest appearances by Zombies. With Nene, I had "black sleep". No big dreams, just hard deep sleep. I can see why the Islanders would treat a child with this. Deep Sleep is after all one of the best cures for what ails ya.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
So much to learn about Kava. It's such an interesting plant. If the quality changes throughout the stump, does that mean the Chemotype would change? Or is the Chemotype more a genetic representation and only the distribution or total amount of kavalactones change as you move around the root ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk