What's new

Kava Preparation New bag, better grog

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
It was time to replace my crusty old bags. I noticed my grog was giving me more nausea than usual which is usually the indiactor that a fresh bag is required.

Anywho, I tried a 100 micron bag for the first time from the Go Nuts brand and really like it! My grog is just as strong, but far less nausea and I also really like how these bags have rounded bottoms instead of a square shape. Much easier to clean. They were approximately 2 for $6 so a good deal too. ::chugger::

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I'm actually curious about the mileages people get using kava-specific strainer bags and strainer bags like for nut milk. 2 for $6 sounds like a very good deal.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
The nut milk bags seems to last just as long for me vs the kava specific bags. I've tried a lot of different ones though of course not all of them.

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
What's the difference between the nut milk bags and specific kava straining bags? Looks like they're just the same, no?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
What's the difference between the nut milk bags and specific kava straining bags? Looks like they're just the same, no?
The high-end Kavafied strainer bag is tailored to kava prep with its larger bag capacity and the plastic ring at the top that makes it much easier to invert the bag to eject your makas whether you decide to salvage or discard them. There's inner pieces within the ring whose purpose escapes me but I hazard a guess that it scrapes the makas off the interior for easier discard? It is also 75 microns rather than the more usual 100 microns. If you have extra money lying around, that particular strainer bag is very nice specifically for kava, especially large batches of it. The value doesn't shine if you're neither making large batches of kava or using large quantities of root at once, where a cheaper strainer bag will suit you better.