What's new

New batch of Isa/Tudei

kavalover

Outsider
I just received my pound of Isa/Tudei from Rex since I love this kava and haven't had it in a while. Man, this stuff sure is different from the last batch I had. This stuff smells CHOCOLATEY! I mean, like, delicious cocoa chocolate goodness. It tastes mighty fine too, for an isa kava that is. The peppery notes are mellow and the cocoa nutty flavor dominates over the more bitter rootey taste that turns me off from a lot of kavas. Good stuff. Potent in effects too. 2 shells down, headache gone, muscles relaxed. I'm gonna go watch The Walking Dead. Season 2 is on netflix now by the way.

Cheers dudes. Bula!

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
How potent is it compared to the last batch? if you tried it. Still have a lb from last time. Gonna have some tonight actually

kavalover

Outsider
I haven't had it quite some time, it'd be difficult to make a proper comparison. It's potent, though. I used 10 tbsp to 4 cups of water and instantly went into a fantastic mood with lighter numb muscles and after the whole bowl was gone I was simply krunked. It's great. I've been mixing it with boroguru from BKH lately and that's a wonderful combo to sleep to

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds alot like the batch I got a few months back. It was pretty smooth and really tasty. I was pretty taken back as the original tudei I got back in 11 was friggin brutal and extremely peppery and really hard to drink, but the most knockout kava I've ever had. The last batch was a little darker in color and ground somewhat finer and didn't have a comparable taste or smell in fact so much different that I was suspicious if it was the same strain as I had last time. In addition it seemed much less potent, it would get you krunked and was easy to put down but no staggering around like a drinken sailor. I ordered 2 lbs to boot hoping it was the same I had remembered and was pretty bummed.

I am on the fence of ordering some up as they also have van3 in stock and I can save on shipping getting both. I wasn't overly impressed with the last 2 batches of van3, it was tasty and worked good but not they fire that it had been hyped to be. I still may as I love KBR as they have good kava at a great price and havn't ordered in a while. I'm just stubborn and am really hung up on boroguro and would be pissed at myself if I got this order and it was like last time and I could of just got my tried an favorite. I really want to try paradise, I'm just a cheapo and would rather get a kilo.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered it up with the van3. The 5.90 shipping for 2 pounds is awesome. I went to bula and had 1/2 kg of boroguro and 1/4 kg of black bag for 58$ but then 12$ for shipping was the dealbreaker. Shipping takes a few days longer but it will be worth it.

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
Thanks kavalover.

New2 can you let me know how van3 is this batch? What I got awhile back was quite disappointing. Good grind and taste, just as weak as kona.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Wow kona, thats a pretty harsh indictment. I'd say the last batch of van3 I got was not up to par with the hype, but was like a half assed fu'u. Kava tends to flucuate with the seasons and I've got my fingers crossed that this will the van3 that people romantisize about. I will post a dead honest report about you be assured. I used to love KBR, the first tudei I got was on fire and the last few batches I've gotten have been pretty "G" rated in my eyes. This batch will either be the one that wins back as a loyal customer, or the one that sends me back to bula for good.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I got my package from rex today. I really liked the isa, alot stronger than the last batch I got. I've been drinking 1/2 cup to 1 full cup of melo melo and getting decent results, so I was whipped up a 1/4 cup batch with mabye 16 ozs of water and was really freakin dazed and totally relaxed. It's the krunkedest I've gotten in a long time. I'm gonna see what up with the van3 tommorow. It looks identical to the last few batches I got, the super fine grind and very light color. It will be alot easier to knead now that I have a super fine fijan strainer bag from paradise. I'm hoping it will be as satisfying as the isa, I definately plan on some tasty blends.

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
Thanks new2. I would order some isa now, but Rex is out again :( I take back what I said about kona, I tried it again tonight. It just tastes bitter and unnumbing. A second straining of melo melo was stronger.