What's new

New Grind

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Great news! I think we found a perfect grind size for our kava! And the smell of this most recent shipment is truly amazing. The new batch still has quite a bit of very small pieces which we think help with kavalactone extraction, but enough of the grind is big enough to help make straining easier so that your not left with a bowl of thick mud. For now the new grind will only be with Boroguru, but in the next week or so Melo Melo and Borogu will move to this grind as well. Please let me know what you think.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
AWESOME NEWS!!!

thanks Judd

boroguru is one of my favorites but i really hated the fine grind

cant wait to try it

if anyone orders now do they get the new grind? or do you still have some fine grind to go through first?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Orders of Boroguru will be the new grind immediately.

Fu'u is quite a fine grind but people have actually always seemed to like it. We find Fu'u relatively easy to strain in house. That being said, the next batch will likely be slightly more coarse as we did request that from the supplier.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
i am currently attempting an extract of the fine grind boroguru

i will post pics in the lounge once im finished

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Same here. This new grind is awesome. You've matched Nakamal @ Home's grind. I just tried boroguru and it was spectacular. It's a creeper as I started to think "Is this gonna work?" and.....bam. I have a new daily supplier, and it is Bula Kava House.

kl.metacog

Kava Enthusiast
For those of you who have the new grind, what do you think of the kavain content? The head effect is almost too overwhelming for me. The second wash is much more of a mellow/body feel.

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
I guess I'll have to give up my new toss 'n wash routine with the fine Boroguru grind. That's fine though, as the dermopathy is beginning to get a little out of hand (especially around the eyes). Other than that, all systems are go. The laziness and extreme payoff were nice while they lasted. The added fiber in my diet has also been, ahem, beneficial.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
KavaKrunked said:
I guess I'll have to give up my new toss 'n wash routine with the fine Boroguru grind. That's fine though, as the dermopathy is beginning to get a little out of hand (especially around the eyes). Other than that, all systems are go. The laziness and extreme payoff were nice while they lasted. The added fiber in my diet has also been, ahem, beneficial.
You could still toss n wash Fu'u.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
metacog said:
For those of you who have the new grind, what do you think of the kavain content? The head effect is almost too overwhelming for me. The second wash is much more of a mellow/body feel.
which kava are you using?

kl.Lente

Kava Curious
I was at the in-laws for the weekend, and they already think I'm weird enough without using Kava as a replacement for good old booze all weekend. (They are Irish American.)

Came back tonight to a bag of the new grind. Since I blenderize, I don't think I noticed much of a difference. If I had been hand squeezing though, I believe I would have.

Seems to be an ideal grind though.

kl.pjim

Kava Curious
I normally strain with a nylon stocking. This boroguru grind is letting out a lot of little particles so that the end result is awfully silty and unfortunately, nauseating. Any suggestions?