What's new

New Kava Book with a Spiritual Slant

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
I love books and so have read several kava themed ones, from LEBOT's The Pacific Elixir to SINGH's Kava: From Ethnology to Pharmacology. I bought the latter before it surged in price. Now I'm trying a very different kava book, The Gospel of Kava Awa Yoqona. It features a Jesus-like, female, mana who travels Polynesia spreading the gospel of kava and Gaia, etc. Interesting take on spiritual themes from a different perspective.
Kava Boo.JPG

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Where did you find this? How fascinating!

I’m a world literature enthusiast, but I mostly focus on sub-Saharan African literature.

Is this fiction or new age/spirituality?

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Where did you find this? How fascinating!

I’m a world literature enthusiast, but I mostly focus on sub-Saharan African literature.

Is this fiction or new age/spirituality?
I bought it on Amazon. The genre would probably be "parable." It seems to be based on the New Testament stories, but with a new age slant. And set in Polynesia. Yaqona, the protagonist, definitely doesn't like the Monotheists because of their too restrictive view of what Spirit is. And they don't like the peace plant. Or her teaching on equality, etc. She has now selected six disciples. I found out yesterday that the book reads well if you're drinking a mix of Kava Bati and Stone.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Finished the book. Though there are a lot of great passages, I would only rate the book a B+. Not consistent enough to be an A. Lots of fun passages though. The first verse sets the tone: "In the beginning Gaia became the heavens and the earth." Basically, it seems to be a pantheist vision of life where we are all equal, accepting of others, and live in peace, drinking shells of kava together.

My favorite book to read, if I want philosophical bite-sized fun insight into life, is The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa. The Richard Zenith translation is the best. It can be opened at random to browse and think. A wonderful read, especially when drinking kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.