What's new

New Kava Convert

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Hello Kava Lounge.

I've been using kava for a little over 3 months now and it has done a lot for me. I started using it after having an anxiety attack that kept me out of my college classes for 3 days.  According to my friends Kava has also greatly reduced my social anxiety. They're both surprised and thrilled to see me going out and doing things with them. I got the opportunity to write a research paper for various staff members at my college and people I know. So far at least 10 people have tried Kava after reading my paper. Above all I'm glad I found Kava and won't need to use prescription benzodiazepines. Scary stuff. I've had anxiety for many years that got worse as I got older. At one
point I was very close to being put on prescription drugs for it but was convinced to just try and live with it up until that last break down. That was it and I ended up finding Kava. I've also stopped drinking any kind of alcohol much to the surprised and frustration of my father.  (smiley: laugh)

My current favorite is Solomon Island Kava. I've gotten all of my Kava from Nakamal at home so far but will make an effort to try some other places soon. It's nice to finally have a forum and I hope we have some great Kava talk here.(Thumbsup)

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Lots of great Kava out there.. but hard to beat Solomons indeed. Next try Kava by Rex Vanuatu 3 and Isa/Tudei. From there, try some more Nakamal at Home Kavas. Stone, Black Sand, and Tongan are my favorites.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I started with Black Sand, Then I went to Niugini and Shaman/ Fire Island Kava. After that I ordered some Solomon and my dad got me a bag of Chief Jungle for my birthday.

I have to get some more Black Sand. It's not my favorite but I miss that classic Vanuatu flavor. It's always good to have on hand at least.

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
I started drinking kava about three years ago.  Before that I was on antidepressants.  First tried kava in Hanalei which turned out to be one of the best experiences ever.  Naoshi who owns Waialale Kava Source was at a crafts fair giving out samples and selling powdered root.  Naoshi does have some very nice kava and he is a great guy to boot.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Lanake said:
I started drinking kava about three years ago.  Before that I was on antidepressants.  First tried kava in Hanalei which turned out to be one of the best experiences ever.  Naoshi who owns Waialale Kava Source was at a crafts fair giving out samples and selling powdered root.  Naoshi does have some very nice kava and he is a great guy to boot.
Just checked out Waialale Kava Source online, I might have to add that to my "to buy" list. Thanks for the info.