What's new

News Article New kava food standard adopted

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Do you think you could break down the impact for those who may be new to the whole situation?

If I understand correctly, we now live in an era where kava (as noted when mixed with water) is now an accepted beverage.

I'm cautiously excited.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Do you think you could break down the impact for those who may be new to the whole situation?

If I understand correctly, we now live in an era where kava (as noted when mixed with water) is now an accepted beverage.

I'm cautiously excited.
Have to hear from the Source but, my understanding is- the meetings run till the 19th and more discussion will / is taking place before anything final .

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I don't fully understand the process but I keep reading that this is adoption at step 5 (of 8). It won't actually make it into the Codex until 2022 which I presume is when step 8 is expected to be achieved. I'd love to be proven wrong of course. 2022 is a long way off.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
What impact if any will this have in the countries such as the UK where kava is still restricted as it is thought to cause liver damage? It's very difficult to even open the conversation at the moment. It's as though they've made their minds up and that's that.