What's new

Forum News New Kava Market!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi everyone. May I please direct your attention to the top of the page where we now have a new button called the "Kava Market".

Looks like this:
kfmkt.png

This is a shop with characteristics similar to amazon. Any vendor can go and add his or her products to the market, so expect more and more vendors and products as time goes on.

Also, I may have set up a little something special for the members here that want to sell a bag or two of kava that they no longer want. It's called the "Member Classifieds". Check out the two links at the bottom for instructions on how to use the member classifieds.

All sales through the kava market except those in the Member Classifieds (Member classifieds are exempt from any fees) will automatically be assessed a 1.5% fee of the total sale. This fee will be sent along with the payment to the vendor to the same paypal that is connected to the Donation button. In lieu of this, financial reports of money taken in and expenses going out will be posted publicly monthly.

Please feel free to post here if you have any questions regarding the market.

Enjoy!
-Kap'm

PS. Be sure to tell @Squanch72 how much you like his kava! :)

How to add your listing to the Kava Market

What to do once your listing has sold

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Great idea! Especially the Member Classifieds. Could have done with that when I was offering a few bags of kava i couldn't use. However, it did work out in the end. Just a bit of a pain keeping track of who requested what first!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Great idea! Especially the Member Classifieds. Could have done with that when I was offering a few bags of kava i couldn't use. However, it did work out in the end. Just a bit of a pain keeping track of who requested what first!
You are definitely one of the reasons for it's creation. Sometimes we just get a type of kava that doesn't agree with us. I'm sure @sɥɐʞɐs will be pressing the F5 button over and over waiting for those mystery roots :)

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Hey there @Kapmcrunk. Just wondering if the members classified was up and running? I just tried to add a product (just a bit left so I'm not charging anything). I get a message along the lines of "product not allowed in this category". Can't remember exactly what it said. THought I'd done everything right, but its not happening. Help?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey there @Kapmcrunk. Just wondering if the members classified was up and running? I just tried to add a product (just a bit left so I'm not charging anything). I get a message along the lines of "product not allowed in this category". Can't remember exactly what it said. THought I'd done everything right, but its not happening. Help?
Are you choosing the "Member classifieds" selection after clicking "add product"?

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Oh wait! It's there! And three times at that I guess I got an alert message when it wasn't needed. So can i remove two of them, or do you do that?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@I don't know I'm working on putting together a FAQ right now actually. I'll look into trading, but for now it only supports paid listings. Shipping costs should be included in your listing amount.
If you're in the USA, be sure to add at least $6.80 to the total cost of what you're selling, that way you can throw it in a flat rate shipping envelope and you don't have to worry about how heavy it is :) This will all be included in the FAQ as well.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Currently each vendor can specify his or her own stipulation on shipping in the terms section. If I'm not mistaken the kava market shop would be completely illegal in Australia.

Kavamon

Jamaican me crazy
I agree- so great to find a good MB- used to be on several then Facebook took everyone away!