What's new

New Kava Recommendations

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Hello Everybody,
I'm looking for something that is balanced but with a bit of a heavier effect. I'm newer to kava and I've read a gazillion descriptions which hasn't been helpful. I have Wakacon Waka, I have KWK Loa Waka and Puono Ono (did a spell that last one right... anyhow both are micronized). I do get mild affects from all but I think I need a heavier hitter or maybe I'm not doing enough as I tend to err on the side of caution. Of the micronized I've taken 1.5 TBS and 3 TBP of trad prep of the Wakacon. I was a fairly heavy alcohol user and sedation is difficult to achieve in a professional setting. I can take melatonin and have anxiety and insomnia from it. Benadryl doesn't sedate me. I don't want a heavy sedated feeling anyway. My Mom was like this too. So suggestions, thoughts etc. welcome. Thank you so much. Deep peace. (I do have an aluball too)

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
ITS a tough call this worked for me roughly 17 years ago I got off drugs and alcohol talked to a man called JEFFERY THE FIFIAN from nakalahome kava he was the Man he helped me with kava thru my journey it started with Stone kava that gave me the feeling I needed to push away the desire for the bad stuff as you journey along you will enjoy trying other kavas but first you need to find one that works for you Good luck

Yogini

ITS a tough call this worked for me roughly 17 years ago I got off drugs and alcohol talked to a man called JEFFERY THE FIFIAN from nakalahome kava he was the Man he helped me with kava thru my journey it started with Stone kava that gave me the feeling I needed to push away the desire for the bad stuff as you journey along you will enjoy trying other kavas but first you need to find one that works for you Good luck
Thank you. I know that I likely need a walk through. I mean, when I say heavy alcohol it's like 4 maybe 6 beers. Nothing else. No other substances. My body seems to have opposite reactions to things that are supposed to be relaxing. That said, it could be my subconscious fighting for control. I don't actively fight for control. I appreciate your thoughts.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Kava won't knock you off.

Does pseudoephedrine make you drowsy? Itzdoes make 10% or so people drowsy.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Try EMS massager / electrotherapy trainer for back. I would not consider it as mild in the sleep inducing compartment. It has different mechanism from H1 sedatives, addictive benzodiazepines or adddctive and relatively toxic booze.

Yogini

Kava won't knock you off.

Does pseudoephedrine make you drowsy? Itzdoes make 10% or so people drowsy.
No, it increases anxiety for me. I have monster insomnia going for several months now. I know from recent testing that certain deficiencies (like D3) are present and chronic for me in the last 10 years. I'd really like to afford the see a functional medicine practitioner soon. I think it's a missing component for me.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I know from recent testing that certain deficiencies (like D3) are present and chronic for me in the last 10 years.
Some people can take D vitamin megadoses but blood tests are still near deficient. Why?

Some people have too much enzymes that destroy vitamin D. How to overcome? Boron supplementation blocks destruction of vitamin d (3 mg or 5 mg is sufficient; it has excellent safety as a microelement).

Last edited:

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
One more thing. Do you have night filter for phone / tablet / computer that can reduce blue light exposure?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Some people can take D vitamin megadoses but blood tests are still near deficient. Why?

Some people have too much enzymes that destroy vitamin D. How to overcome? Boron supplementation blocks destruction of vitamin d (3 mg or 5 mg is sufficient; it has excellent safety as a microelement).

Also, I believe balance with calcium is required with vitamin D intake.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
The strains you are using are totally heady daytie strains. You could try kalm with kava boronguru for sleep. If you want something even heavier and stronger try kavatime Ambae or Bula Kava House Melo Melo. both knock me out, but I have a hard time handling my heavies.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Also, I believe balance with calcium is required with vitamin D intake.
There is a plausible theory behind combined VitD, Ca++ and Mg++ supplements. I would not takemlarge doses of calcium as a food supplement, though unless there is a proven need.