What's new

New kava user with reverse tolerance

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
hi, so as some of you already know I'm new and I tried out Kisa's kava, and because of my reverse tolerance I didn't really feel much effects. I'm wondering on where I should go next with my next purchase, I don't want to spend too much money but I also want to be sure it's a strong kava.

I like the idea of a balanced kava with heady and heavy effects but I'm fine with trying other types that lean towards heady or heavy.

I was thinking of purchasing from cactus kava, they seem to have a lot of good reviews here.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
hi, so as some of you already know I'm new and I tried out Kisa's kava, and because of my reverse tolerance I didn't really feel much effects. I'm wondering on where I should go next with my next purchase, I don't want to spend too much money but I also want to be sure it's a strong kava.

I like the idea of a balanced kava with heady and heavy effects but I'm fine with trying other types that lean towards heady or heavy.

I was thinking of purchasing from cactus kava, they seem to have a lot of good reviews here.
Try Squanch waka, It's always been at my top 3 best kavas of all time. It's the kind of kava you can get 2-3 washes and still freeze the makas. It's very oily and very strong.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Thanks. I went ahead and ordered some today. :)

Update: wow! It's already shipped. I've never had service this quick when ordering stuff online. That's so awesome

Last edited:

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Update: I got it today and made a pretty strong batch since I'm unsure if my RT is fully over with. Made 4 tbsps with 16 oz of water and a splash of milk.

This is the most bitter kava I have tasted. Also the most mouth numbing one I've had. Those are good signs lol and I'm already feeling relaxed and sociable. Very good quality, much better than the Kisa's that I tried before (though Kisa's isn't bad at all).

Thanks for the recommendation!

Bula!

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Figured I would update this post because why not?

I thought my reverse tolerance was fully over with but it might not be. After I posted in here last, about 20-30 minutes later the effects kind of wore off. I still felt some relaxation in my body but the other effects just went away quick. It's probably because I waited a week for the Kava to arrive so the whole time I wasn't drinking any.

It's still great kava but it seems my RT isn't fully gone. I had some kava yesterday but I didn't feel anything that time other than just being tired. I made sure to knead it for several minutes.

I'll keep trying and I'm doing my best to be patient and not to set any expectations. It's a little frustrating because I thought for sure the RT was done. My system probably isn't used to it yet.

Also what kind of stuff can I add to my drink to make it less bitter? It's literally the most bitter thing I've tasted in my whole life lol, even when I made a batch according to the directions on the package.

Nikki Collins

Kava Curious
I like to add milk and find it helps a lot. I also like to make cold brew decaf iced chai tea (just add tea bags to a mason jar with water) and add that to my Kava with some milk. Sometimes I sweeten it too, but not always. On the weekends, I also like to make a Kava "cocktail" and just add virgin cocktail mix. I find that margarita mix,and any type of daiquiri mix work well for me. Hope this helps! I do this more on my final washes, I'm finding myself liking the taste of Kava more and more, but before I would do this for almost all of them.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I like to add milk and find it helps a lot. I also like to make cold brew decaf iced chai tea (just add tea bags to a mason jar with water) and add that to my Kava with some milk. Sometimes I sweeten it too, but not always. On the weekends, I also like to make a Kava "cocktail" and just add virgin cocktail mix. I find that margarita mix,and any type of daiquiri mix work well for me. Hope this helps! I do this more on my final washes, I'm finding myself liking the taste of Kava more and more, but before I would do this for almost all of them.
Kalm with Kava has a "Kavarita" flavor of kava extract drink that's quite good. Highly suggest a try.

Nikki Collins

Kava Curious
Kalm with Kava has a "Kavarita" flavor of kava extract drink that's quite good. Highly suggest a try.
Thanks! Love this idea!!! Would it be okay to add this to my weaker Kava washes so I not only add some flavor but also some more Kava goodness? Or even to a full strength shell?

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Ugh today I had some and now my stomach is feeling really crappy like I could throw up. Idk why this is happening. I definitely can't stomach anymore tonight and I only had a couple of shells.

Edit: I took a hydroxyzine to help with the nausea after making sure there's no dangerous interaction. I'm laying in my bed all cozy. The physical effects are still there but it seems the mental effect only lasts for 20 minutes or so whenever I feel it. I won't give up and I'll remember my stomach isn't used to this substance yet so it will take time.

I gotta say the rt aspect of kava is one of the things I don't like about it.

Last edited:

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
I hope y'all understand I'm not trying to be negative. I'm just tired of the kava not working for me. The few times it did work I noticed an anti anxiety effect and felt more talkative but the effects keep diminishing after 20 minutes.

It's just expensive and the taste is really bitter and I was hoping by now the rt would be over. I thought it was, actually.

I'll try again tonight and let you know how it goes.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I hope y'all understand I'm not trying to be negative. I'm just tired of the kava not working for me. The few times it did work I noticed an anti anxiety effect and felt more talkative but the effects keep diminishing after 20 minutes.

It's just expensive and the taste is really bitter and I was hoping by now the rt would be over. I thought it was, actually.

I'll try again tonight and let you know how it goes.
Whether it's negative or positive, all we ask is that you relay your experience as you yourself experienced it.
So, don't worry about us thinking you're negative, because I assure you, we don't :)
Many people have trouble getting consistent effects for the first few months, and we totally understand your frustration about it, especially if you're trying to get some relief from your anxiety.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Isn't that the truth? I was feeling something from it earlier and felt quite relaxed and content. I made sure to not eat right after taking the kava but later on I got hungry so I ate. I felt fine after that but now I'm feeling really nauseous again. I'll give this a rest for a few days or so and try it again later.

It's weird because I have a strong stomach and i don't get nauseous that often, yet my stomach just doesn't like this.

Nikki Collins

Kava Curious
Kisas Kava is the one I tried this past week or so, I am still not past RT myself, but have had an upset stomach almost every day with this brand. Thought it may be a tummy bug, but maybe my system just isn't feeling this one. Even the taste has been off for me (and I find I have been liking the taste of Kava the more I try it). I have a new Kava coming in soon, so we'll see!!! The Kava feeling and taste was alright but not my best experience so far.

Everyone is different, otherwise life would be dull! Also remember, there is no such thing as "normal". I like to use the word "Average" instead. Been saying this since I was a teenager (cough, cough - or the past 20+ years) and always worth reminding myself.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
The other night I was able to feel stronger effects from the kava. What I did was kneaded it with milk and then ate a hamburger like an hour after dosing. Let's just say I felt similar to how I do after smoking weed, plus a relaxing body high. It was awesome.

Oh. And the nausea hasnt happened the last few times I had it.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Hahaha I just jinxed myself. Had some kava earlier and ralphed it back up. I feel better now and my stomach was feeling fine prior to consumption. My body just decided to reject it this time around. I got kava kicked