What's new

New Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
this and the RoH Samoan, which recently went up in price qute a bit are the only two I know of. These two Samoans are not very similar, though, except that they are both pleasantly heady. The RoH is closer to a Rahmwanger from Pohnpei and the KWK Samoan is more like a really good Tongan, like TFR sort of thing, heady but pretty strong and balanced. The RoH Samoan is a great breakfast kava, the KWK Samoan is more like a lunch kava or at least a late brunch kava.

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
Just had the opportunity to try this last nite and it knocked me on my ass. Just went to buy a lb and it's out of stock :(

ThePiper

Kava Lover
My order came today too, very fast! Damn that sucks it already sold out. I bought two lbs because I had a feeling that would happen and I went on krunkies word that it was good. I just had the first shell and so far it is heady, but I can't tell as its been maybe 10 minutes or less and but one shell to the domepiece.

Ive been spending this much on kava for a while now, but it really got to me to look at my reciept and see that I spent about $130 to have less than a kilo of kava shipped to me. I wish we got coupon codes more often from vendors, even getting the occasional free shipping coupon is a a huge saver in the grand scheme. Shipping was about $12, which doesn't make much sense to me because the package arrived in a priority bubble mailer that costs $8 to send.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
My order came today too, very fast! Damn that sucks it already sold out. I bought two lbs because I had a feeling that would happen and I went on krunkies word that it was good. I just had the first shell and so far it is heady, but I can't tell as its been maybe 10 minutes or less and but one shell to the domepiece.

Ive been spending this much on kava for a while now, but it really got to me to look at my reciept and see that I spent about $130 to have less than a kilo of kava shipped to me. I wish we got coupon codes more often from vendors, even getting the occasional free shipping coupon is a a huge saver in the grand scheme. Shipping was about $12, which doesn't make much sense to me because the package arrived in a priority bubble mailer that costs $8 to send.
I find this grind to be very comparable to some of the more primo Tongans around these days. In that context, the price is reasonable, IMO. Of course, you can sell me yours if you don't like it. :). (I also stockpiled some damu, I wouldn't mind stockpiling this)

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
You don't get the soapy taste if the kava has been cleaned properly but i must say that some kavas do have this medicinal type of taste to it which can be mistaken for soapy taste easily. Soapy taste comes from mildewed kava. The taste and smell are aesthetic things and don't play a role in what effects the kava would have or its potency. However, as a kava connoisseur you would want the taste and smell of the kava to be pleasant as well to give an overall good experience especially if you are paying a premium price for it. Like fine wine, the alcohol content will be almost the same but its pleasant characteristics is what makes you buy the more premium ones.

That being said, if you do get stuck with funky smelling kavas that don't go well with you, dont waste it, chug it down if need be but just don't buy it again..
I find this grind to be very comparable to some of the more primo Tongans around these days. In that context, the price is reasonable, IMO. Of course, you can sell me yours if you don't like it. :). (I also stockpiled some damu, I wouldn't mind stockpiling this)
Krunkie you beat me to it!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I do like the kava for sure, but still having a hard time pinpointing the vibes I get from it. Normally I have enough descriptive words by now for a review. Maybe ill try a longer session with it. Maybe its a little like Nene? What do you all think.

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
I do like the kava for sure, but still having a hard time pinpointing the vibes I get from it. Normally I have enough descriptive words by now for a review. Maybe ill try a longer session with it. Maybe its a little like Nene? What do you all think.
Alls I can say is 3 alluballs shaken for 5 mins usually gets me JUST RIGHT to feel it. Three balls of this stuff knocked me down! And there was no weird off effects like I might get from some of the other more potent kavas out there.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Me too. It's an interesting kava but I'm not sure I would get again.

Status
Not open for further replies.