What's new

New Products Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

infraredz

BULA!
Just curious, how would this compare to Nambawan or Fu'u in terms of effects? For some reason Fu'u can be too 'uplifting' for me :confused:

I've heard Fijian kava is more on the sedative side of things as they go...?

infraredz

BULA!
Let me preface that by saying it was based on another vendor's product (called Fiji Waka). There were a considerable amount of people that related it very closely to Stone (which is the most sedative kava I've ever had) but then there are those saying it's also euphoric and I'm wondering if this is a higher kavain strain, or if there is a nice enough balance that the uplifting aspects won't be too strong (aka balanced out by maybe M or DHM)?

@Bula Kava House do you have a chemotype for this per chance?

EDIT: I did find this: "... the Fiji Kava has the lowest percentages of kavain and dihydrokavain, while the Hawaii and Vanuatu Kava have the highest percentages."

So maybe the euphoria and happiness is due to a short amount of Kavain which isn't in such a high concentration that it would make it too uplifting.

Only reason I ask is I get edge from high Kavain strains and the primary reason I use kava is to cope with anxiety and to help me sleep.

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
First impressions on Fiji Waka: Very mild taste and smell for a kava. Fairly weak; 40g (about 5 tablespoons) produced a gentle uplift in mood and heady feeling. That's not a bad thing, but I don't think I would consider using any less than 40g. I will write a review later this week. Oh and the grind is nice and coarse. Maybe not quite as coarse as koniak, but I didn't end up with a whole lot of grit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.