What's new

New side effect, dry skin!

001jay

Hi Everyone
I know Kava causes dry skin when used too much, but over the last 6 months ive only been using kava once or twice a month. Ive always suffered from dry skin which is linked to anxiety, alcohol makes it worse obviously but kava has never previously had any effect. But now, just a couple of shells (made using alluball) and almost instantly i can feel my skin getting drier and the next day all the problem areas are dry again. Any suggestions to help this?
Im using the same Kava as usual (solomons Headhunter) and previously had no problems with it.... is it worth switching the kava?

Many thanks
J

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi Everyone
I know Kava causes dry skin when used too much, but over the last 6 months ive only been using kava once or twice a month. Ive always suffered from dry skin which is linked to anxiety, alcohol makes it worse obviously but kava has never previously had any effect. But now, just a couple of shells (made using alluball) and almost instantly i can feel my skin getting drier and the next day all the problem areas are dry again. Any suggestions to help this?
Im using the same Kava as usual (solomons Headhunter) and previously had no problems with it.... is it worth switching the kava?

Many thanks
J
Swap kavas. That should take care of your problem. Check out the Vanuatu Black label.

Solomon headhunter may simply be too laden with kavalactones for your system. Strangely enough, more kavalactones does not always translate to a better experience.

1658839210959.png

001jay

Thanks allot for suggestion - I only have Vanuatu ceremonial here, but have made a shell to try out and will see how things go tomorrow. Fingers crossed!