What's new

New to Kava and forum - seeking advice

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Hey @Steve Mariotti , where you getting those bags? I ordered, a new, weird, bag, from KWK, when I placed an order for there new Tongan. Wondering if they are the same? Much Love Roaddog...

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Hey @Steve Mariotti , where you getting those bags? I ordered, a new, weird, bag, from KWK, when I placed an order for there new Tongan. Wondering if they are the same? Much Love Roaddog...
I doubt it. These are biodiesel filtration bags from Duda Diesel.

www.amazon.com/Micron-Nylon-Filter-Monofilament-Mesh/dp/B007WA5D5I

I bought a two bag lot on Amazon (this exact item) and am on my second bag. I will definitely buy more.

The bag comes with a steel wire ring at the top for snapping onto the filtration equipment. I cut the bag's stitched collar that surrounds the wire with a box cutter, and then use wire cutters to crimp the wire, and then twisting it back and forth so metal fatique breaks it. Then I slide the wire out of the bag, so I get an easier bag to work with while kneading.

I've only gotten the nylon monofilament mesh bags, since that's the same material as the nut milk bag I liked so much. There are polyester felt versions and polypropylene ones too, though I went with nylon for kneading strength. I've been TRYING to break the bag with hard kneading and twisting, but I just can't.