What's new

New to Kava need some advice

A

Alan Nelligan

Hi I purchased 250 grams of meluka magic recently. Last night i made up 50 grams with i pint of water with the nylon tights method 20 denier and drank it all after extracting all i could from the 50g. It was my first time and ive heard of the reverse tolerance problem . Any tips on if i should make it stronger tonight and try again or any advice really so i can get some kind of effect off of it.::winkeyz::

B

BulaKavaMan

Hi there, Alan. Welcome to this amazing plant and the forums. That should be a pretty strong kava batch as long as you made it correctly. As a general rule of thumb, 250 grams makes about 3/4 gallon to 1 gallon of kava. Reverse tolerance is definitely a thing you may have to work through, but I wouldn't say that you need to make your kava any stronger. A big part of the equation is whether or not your stomach is empty. Always drink kava at least a couple hours after your last meal for the best effects.

We've made a quick video showing a simple and very effective preparation technique. Check it out here.

Let us, or any of the other knowledgeable members here know if you have any other questions.

Bula!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You made nearly the exact proportions that I've been making for nearly 7 years now. 55g of kava to 450 ml of root. Keep drinking it at that strength and I guarantee you'll find the therapeutic effects kava is known for. Also good advice from @BulaKavaMan. Be sure your stomach is empty prior to drinking. You'll find yourself sprinting through that reverse tolerance in no-time. Welcome to the forums, and feel free to ask any question you may desire...I wouldn't call this group of people anything other than extremely caring and extremely helpful. Then again, I expect it out of a group of well rooted, very relaxed people :D

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yep I agree with the last 2 posters. By the way,
wellcome.jpg
To the Kava Forums.

Just make sure you consume on an empty stomach. 4 hours after a meal. Then drink the hell out of it, until you start feeling it. No need to increase your dose. Much love, Roaddog....

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I don't want to discourage you, but it took me about a month to get past reverse tolerance. I would feel something, it's just that I didn't feel the 'good' effects like euphoria and relaxation. And reverse tolerance is sort of weird, it's not like you don't feel anything for a month and then bam you're feeling it. It just seems to be hit or miss for some amount of time where sometimes you get a nice effect and then the next 2-3 times, nothing again. I feel kava the same way every time now, equal to the amount and type of kava. I think I am sort of a worst case though, I think most people who have to go through reverse tolerance, it doesn't last nearly a month. But last of all, let me say, I advise you to not give up, it's well worth your time because when you do start to experience the nicer effects, I think you're going to love it like most people do.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I wouldn't call this group of people anything other than extremely caring and extremely helpful. Then again, I expect it out of a group of well rooted, very relaxed people :D
I'm agreeing with Kapmcrunk on this one. I'm a long time commenter on forums and blogs and this is overall the nicest group of people anywhere that I've been a member of, ever. It must be the kava because I have no idea how else to explain it.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I'm agreeing with Kapmcrunk on this one. I'm a long time commenter on forums and blogs and this is overall the nicest group of people anywhere that I've been a member of, ever. It must be the kava because I have no idea how else to explain it.
I have to agree. it is a phenomenon, all in its self. I guess, your right about the kava. We are a group of people looking to safely relax. We are not here trying to outsmart one another, unless its, who comes up with the best joke. I have said this before, we are impossible to troll. Because we would enjoy being trolled. Hell it would provide entertainment value. So ya, I'm with you. Friendliest forum ever. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum Allan! Just keep dosing yourself every day and before you know it, Bam! its working.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
There is something special about this forum I agree. Sometimes I wish in a years time I'll log on and see that 900 something members we have now to be 10,000 members and sometimes I wish it would stay just the way it is