What's new

New to kava questions

Token

Hey all, new to trying Kava. I recently got my order from Kalm with Kava. My first time trying it today, I feel like it had a slight effect on me I drank about 3 serving sizes over 2 hours or so. How many serving sizes would be considered alot? I know there is probably a reverse tolerance period. Should I just do 1 serving size until my body gets use to it? I'm referring to the instant kava serving size. Just curious what yall would recommend. Thanks!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey all, new to trying Kava. I recently got my order from Kalm with Kava. My first time trying it today, I feel like it had a slight effect on me I drank about 3 serving sizes over 2 hours or so. How many serving sizes would be considered alot? I know there is probably a reverse tolerance period. Should I just do 1 serving size until my body gets use to it? I'm referring to the instant kava serving size. Just curious what yall would recommend. Thanks!
Howdy and welcome to kava forums. Sounds like you are off to a great start and you already seem to know more than most newbies. Kalm with Kava is one of the best vendors and a great place to start.

(Real, not micro instant) serving size is 1-2 tablespoons with 8-12 oz of water. You can get the best instant from GHK and El Manaro, there are others, but those will be the best. Also, Pu'u O Hoku Ranch sells fresh frozen kava but that's next level. Hawaiian kavas are exceptionally smooth and easy on the body.

For MEDIUM GRIND, (It's much more affordable in the long run) A lot, as in a serving size, is above 60 grams per wash or serving. A solid amount is 20-40 grams or 2 -4 heaping tbsp. Some people experience reverse tolerance and others don't, but you have the right idea, keep drinking the same amount consistently until you have your "aha" moment, it comes sooner or later.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I never heard of El Manaro.
I see they're in Vanuatu. That's probably why I never heard of them.
I'm curious to find out how long the shipping process takes, to get to the US.
Unless there's vendors in the US that sell their products

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, you kind of have to swill a few shells down before effects show themselves. I had RT for about 4 days, and after that, well, I drink kava nearly every day, many shells usually...and X2 on the medium grind vs. instant, squeezing and kneading yield a better brew of grog, IMO.

Token

I never heard of El Manaro.
I see they're in Vanuatu. That's probably why I never heard of them.
I'm curious to find out how long the shipping process takes, to get to the US.
Unless there's vendors in the US that sell their products
I noticed that as well. I was going to order some from there but ended up going with bula kava house for my next order because it was closer.

Token

Yeah, you kind of have to swill a few shells down before effects show themselves. I had RT for about 4 days, and after that, well, I drink kava nearly every day, many shells usually...and X2 on the medium grind vs. instant, squeezing and kneading yield a better brew of grog, IMO.
How long have you been drinking kava everday? Today was my fifth day, I usually do like 3 "servings".. (is a serving the same as a shell?) a night pretty spaced out. I was debating taking a break tomorrow I was not sure if it's common or ok to drink it every night? I do feel my body get pretty relaxed so it's not like I don't feel anything.