What's new

New to kava/ RT protocol help

Hello!
Happy to have found this site!

So i got my first bags of kava about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, im someone who has to deal with RT

Is there a proven particular protocol i can follow to overcome this? I dont know if its mandatory to drink a certain amount every day, how much to drink each time, etc. and for how many weeks til the RT is gone?
Due to some life circumstances i have to deal with, i have not been able to drink everyday, however, if theres no other way to overcome this RT than to do so, i will find a way to do it.

So basically, everyday? How much? For how long?

One last question....does reverse tolerance come back if a person takes a break for a prolonged period of time, say a month or more?

Thanks so much!!!

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Before you think its reverse tolerance i would like to ask you the following questions:

- How many hours do you fast before drinking?
- What Kava are you using?
- How do you prepare it?
- How many g do you use?

Before you think its reverse tolerance i would like to ask you the following questions:

- How many hours do you fast before drinking?
- What Kava are you using?
- How do you prepare it?
- How many g do you use?
Hello, thanks for the reply!

Im taking it first thing when i wake up or late in the afternoon/early evening before i eat as im currently doing Intermittent Fasting for 17-21 hours a day.
I use 3-5 tablespoons. Not sure what this is in gram measurements.

I have 2 types, one is Kisas Kava/Fijian premium noble vanua levu. The other kind is Kava Kings/Kava Tonga root powder.

I prepare it with cold or room temp water. I wet it and knead it in a bowl for 5-8 minutes. When i finally consume it, i hold each sip in my mouth for around 3 mins or so as i was told this would help absorption.

Any tips or corrections you may have?

Thanks!!

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
One heaped tablespoon is around 15g. So you are using a proper dose and doing it on a fasted stomach which is very good too. Your kneading time is a bit short and you could also try warm water. But the biggest problem is this:

When i finally consume it, i hold each sip in my mouth for around 3 mins or so as i was told this would help absorption.
You are basically drinking kava very very slowly which does not produce maximum effects. Trust your gut to do the absorbtion.. I would recommend to try drinking it in one go or as quickly as possible. If you are using 3-5 Tablespoons, you should use at least 500ml of water I would say. Try to split the amount of water in two and do two washes. Then recombine and drink it quickly. You can also do one wash in a blender ...simply blend for a few minutes and then do the next wash manually by kneading.,

As for the Kavas, i can't say if they are any good but maybe others can chime in. Good luck!