What's new

New to kava

I just received my first order of kava today.

I ordered 4oz of the micronized Tonga pouni Ono, 4oz of the Fiji loan Waka, and 4oz of the Vanuatu borongoru from kalm with kava.

Anyone have any success stories or find any of these to be their favorite?

I'll be using it for anxiety /social anxiety, to lift my mood, and to relieve muscle tension.

The container says to mix 1 tablespoon with any beverage. Is this a good place to start? Mix with cool water? Or should I start with more than 1 tablespoon? How much water per tablespoon?

Let me know your thoughts. I'm excited to get on the kava train and really hope it works. I will also be looking to start weaning off the ssri I'm on, which I don't really think has even done anything for me.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
1 tablespoon is probably a nice place to start since I'm hearing some stories of people getting sick off 2 or 3 tbsp's. The idea here is if you have reverse tolerance, after many/a few sessions, you will feel the kava. If you try to get over RT by using a large quantity of kava, think of it like hitting the water surface really fast when belly-flopping rather than at a more gradual descent. It won't be pleasant. Gradually increase your quantity of powder as you start developing a tolerance for kava.