What's new

New to Kava

Hello Kava people. I just recently heard about Kava and it's benefits to help with anxiety. I ordered two different kinds of Kava off of Amazon and received them today. Just Kava Vanuatu and Fijian Waka. Both had decent reviews. Both seem to smell and taste kinda chemical like. I have not had cocaine in many years but that is what both of these taste like, is that normal? It also felt more like an upper feeling as opposed to a depressant. Any feedback would be great and if anyone can recommend a Kava that is more like a depressant I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Both seem to smell and taste kinda chemical like. I have not had cocaine in many years but that is what both of these taste like, is that normal?
Yes it's normal, kava will numb your mouth but it is nothing like Cocaine, lol, I know what you mean though.
It also felt more like an upper feeling as opposed to a depressant. Any feedback would be great and if anyone can recommend a Kava that is more like a depressant I would greatly appreciate it.
Many kavas have an initial euphoric quality, specially within the first 20-30 minutes of throwing it back, that is the kavain, one of the active ingredients in kava. Most kavas will lead to sedation without inhibition, it is harder to describe than just drinking it.

Those 2 kavas you ordered are perfect for you to get an idea of a more upfront euphoric kava is like (Fiji Waka Blend) and the more sedating type, the blend from Vanuatu.

Thanks for your response. I tried the Vanuatu again and definitely feel Kava is more of a stimulant, sadly I don't think it is for me.

Elmanaro

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Kava Vendor
That can happen y
Hello Kava people. I just recently heard about Kava and it's benefits to help with anxiety. I ordered two different kinds of Kava off of Amazon and received them today. Just Kava Vanuatu and Fijian Waka. Both had decent reviews. Both seem to smell and taste kinda chemical like. I have not had cocaine in many years but that is what both of these taste like, is that normal? It also felt more like an upper feeling as opposed to a depressant. Any feedback would be great and if anyone can recommend a Kava that is more like a depressant I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Thanks.
That can happen when it's your first time, try drinking about 50 to 75g throughout the session in 1L of water. I'd recommend some Palarasul or Silese for chilling out.