What's new

New to the forum and am curious about my current experience

Hello Everyone! I just decided to create an account here after lurking for months. I’ve been consuming Kava (KWK) on/off since August and lately I’ve noticed that I get an unpleasant smell in my armpits and groin area…as if I had been sweating and only after drinking Kava. I love Kava so much as someone that quit drinking back in July. I’m 24 so getting away from drinking was a huge feat for me. I wanted to know if any of my fellow Kava drinkers here have ever had an issues like this?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hello Everyone! I just decided to create an account here after lurking for months. I’ve been consuming Kava (KWK) on/off since August and lately I’ve noticed that I get an unpleasant smell in my armpits and groin area…as if I had been sweating and only after drinking Kava. I love Kava so much as someone that quit drinking back in July. I’m 24 so getting away from drinking was a huge feat for me. I wanted to know if any of my fellow Kava drinkers here have ever had an issues like this?
Not me personally but welcome aboard nonetheless. :)

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I can't say I've noticed anything like that either but I have noticed that prepared kava has an almost pheremone like scent to it. Maybe you are smelling that and assuming it's coming from you? Maybe not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
That is the first I have heard of a potential side effect like that. It might very well be a different unrelated medical/health issue. I would recommend talking to your doctor if it doesn't resolve itself.

I can't say I've noticed anything like that either but I have noticed that prepared kava has an almost pheremone like scent to it. Maybe you are smelling that and assuming it's coming from you? Maybe not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Hi Aceofwands9!

You know I actually thought about what you wrote! Especially since Kava has a strong scent I figured it possibly could be coming through my pores. I’m fairly healthy and I’ve finally gotten better at staying hydrated while consuming. I love KWK’s micronized products! I love Kava itself and am so grateful to Kava! One of the best discoveries of my young life so far!