What's new

new to this forum, slightly less new to kava

hypnos

the god of sleep
Sometime last year, a friend of mine recommended I try kava for anxiety. This was after a time where I was having panic attacks every day. Thankfully, I don't have panics as often, but I still deal with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, as well as other things that I don't think are as relevant. First I tried just mixing kava powder with warm water and some soy milk, and drinking that without straining. It worked really well, but I could barely keep it down! Next I tried tinctures, and also that Yogi Tea. Some people say it doesn't work, but I found that a few cups work okay, and it tastes like licorice, and I love licorice. Not very potent though, so I recently went back to plain kava powder. I found out from lurking this forum that root sediment causes stomach upset, so just today I bought a strainer, and I am really glad I did that! No nausea at all!
I'm going to go eat dinner now.

Introspect

Kava Curious
Welcome. :) I actually got me some Yogi tea yesterday... so far it seems nice to relax throughout the evening with (imo). I searched out Kava for anxiety relief as well (have had moderate to severe anxiety for many years now and am grateful to find an alternative that's safe and effective without any negative side effects. Looking forward to trying the pure Kava soon as well.

Kava_Bob_40

Kava Curious
Welcome in Hypnos. I'm definitely no stranger to anxiety and of the attacks that can come with it. I was diagnosed with full blown anxiety disorder. Been taking kava for three weeks, finding that I don't need it every day. For me the medicinal effects last a good amount of time. Anxiety is lessened a huge deal and the OCD has lessened greatly. The kava experience has been an eye-opener.

The alternatives are around. The trying part is in the beginning with looking for the alternatives and then trying them out.

D

Deleted User01

@hypnos, welcome to the forum!::awesomesmiles:: I nearly hurled when you said mix milk and powder. I guess if I drank it with eyes closed, then I wouldn't care. Also, don't boil your kava unless you like slimy stuff. That was a big mistake I made. You may want to try instant and/or micronized. Just add in water, stir, and gulf. Or add it in juice. Taste is not a factor and that's why I do those 2 types. Check out the Fresh Harvest Newsletter which has a promo going on micronized.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I have low-level anxiety that matures and blossoms into full-on depression over weeks of mood erosion.

Now that I've been drinking it for a while and found how to best integrate it into my life, my anxiety is nearly gone and the depression along with it. For me recovery was about avoiding anxiety-causing situations, calming my mind through mindfulness practice, working out at the gym every few days and drinking kava every other night. Though sometimes every night, depending on what I just got in the mail from GHK and how excited I am about it. :-D

Cheers!