What's new

New to this, need a little bit of gentle guidance

Hi everyone. Just joined this forum and happy to be a part of the community now. I'm looking to start my Kava journey.

So last year I was looking into natural medicines for anxiety and came across Kava root. At first I didn't do a whole lot of research, just the basic science about kavalactones. I decided to get a tincture for convenience. To the best of my ability (and with little knowledge) I tried to avoid anything bogus. This extract was weird, it wasn't very liquid and there was a lot of gloopy stickiness inside of the bottle that just made it impossible to use the pipette over time. Suffice to say I didn't use it very often, and only when I was feeling particularly anxious. With this tincture I didn't really feel anything substantial that I noticed, it was relaxing but not sure if the benefits were just placebo.

So with that preface out of the way, i'm really looking into getting a powder as I hear it's the only way to go with this. I've been doing research all over and it's getting rather overwhelming. There seem to be so many different types of powders I have no idea what's what and the best way to consume said powders as well.

If someone can give me the really basic guidelines and essential information I need to know to get started with powder, that would be really great. I really am in the dark at the moment. If this is a common question from newbies then I'm happy to go through a list of resources to get me started if anyone has a list.

I should mention that i'm in the UK so It's technically illegal here. I have to buy from overseas. I've had my eye on this one right now: https://kalmwithkava.pl/sklep/noble/heady/pouniono/ - does it look alright?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Darcy Jay Strutt

Kava Curious
Hi everyone. Just joined this forum and happy to be a part of the community now. I'm looking to start my Kava journey.

So last year I was looking into natural medicines for anxiety and came across Kava root. At first I didn't do a whole lot of research, just the basic science about kavalactones. I decided to get a tincture for convenience. To the best of my ability (and with little knowledge) I tried to avoid anything bogus. This extract was weird, it wasn't very liquid and there was a lot of gloopy stickiness inside of the bottle that just made it impossible to use the pipette over time. Suffice to say I didn't use it very often, and only when I was feeling particularly anxious. With this tincture I didn't really feel anything substantial that I noticed, it was relaxing but not sure if the benefits were just placebo.

So with that preface out of the way, i'm really looking into getting a powder as I hear it's the only way to go with this. I've been doing research all over and it's getting rather overwhelming. There seem to be so many different types of powders I have no idea what's what and the best way to consume said powders as well.

If someone can give me the really basic guidelines and essential information I need to know to get started with powder, that would be really great. I really am in the dark at the moment. If this is a common question from newbies then I'm happy to go through a list of resources to get me started if anyone has a list.

I should mention that i'm in the UK so It's technically illegal here. I have to buy from overseas. I've had my eye on this one right now: https://kalmwithkava.pl/sklep/noble/heady/pouniono/ - does it look alright?

Thanks a lot
Welcome!! I have not personally tried KWK’s kava yet but it comes highly recommended as a solid brand and is well known for high quality noble kava so I think your choice of kava purchase is a great one! Other great kava vendors can be found on this forum so you are in the right place :)

Kava has been a godsend for relief of my stress and anxiety and has also provided a nice slice of euphoric reprise so I wish you good luck mate!

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Hello and Welcome, I'm fairly new to powdered Kava but I love KWK products. I've used micronized, medium grind and am looking forward to receiving their Pacific Root. It's personal in terms of what you prefer. I like more balanced Kava right now but I've been playing with mixing different strains together. I've done traditional prep and also used the aluball. There is a lot of information. Stick around. The people here are fantastic and you learn a lot. Also look up Kavasseur and his videos and blog. He helped me a lot. Krunky will always give good advice so follow his link for Europe but their are many others. Enjoy the journey.

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Thanks so much for your replies guys!

And so my journey begins
You're on a great journey. Everything you need to learn is here. I started on the reddit thread, saw a link to this site, and found what I needed. This and the Kavasseur blog and videos. We all have to start somewhere and you are 100% in the right place.