What's new

New user question, microwave

Hello I tryed looking up this question and couldn’t seem to find and answer. I’m new to kava so could be a stupid question but if I make my kava tea the night before by kneading can I heat the tea up in the morning or will It kill the molecules that give kava it’s effects or decrease It in general? Thank for your time!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello I tryed looking up this question and couldn’t seem to find and answer. I’m new to kava so could be a stupid question but if I make my kava tea the night before by kneading can I heat the tea up in the morning or will It kill the molecules that give kava it’s effects or decrease It in general? Thank for your time!
You could drink it cold. That's what I do :)

Real answer though, no, as long as you're not boiling it you should be good.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Most people drink the kava brew cold, because hot kava brew does not taste good and is harder to drink. But if you prefer it hot, it's okay as long as you are not boiling it as the kaptain said.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I use a microwave to thaw out my freezer makas. Once it's kneaded and strained, I throw in some ice cubes to cool it back down.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I microwave Kava at work. I like it warm because I can smell it more (steam) and the texture seems to balance and emulsify with heat (like oils do). It should be hot enough that you cannot chug it but not too hot to sip. I claim it "kills bacteria" that maybe got in through my hands, strainer, containers, or time. Doesn't beat a freshly prepared shell, and stove top heating is preferable, however. Bula!