What's new

New Vendor - Pu'u O Hoku Ranch

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Seems amazing! I bet it's not even worth a try ordering frozen kava via myus.com to ship to Europe? At least not during the pandemic.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I've had their fresh frozen kava and it's very good. I had ordered some back in December of last year and it shipped quickly from Hawaii all the way to cold, wintery MN. The kava had thawed even with ice packs but it was still cold and I promptly put them in the freezer. The bag I prepared initially didn't give me any maladies associated with poorly-preserved food. They may need to optimize a process with keeping it frozen though. It's one thing if the packaging is affected by the weather during a temperate winter, but if it's hot out, and the weather can get through a gap in the styrofoam, you're gonna have a bad time.

Pu'u O Hoku Ranch

Kaunakakai Hawai'i
Kava Vendor
Aloha everyone!

We are so excited to join these discussions and connect with our kava/Awa community online. Thanks for the kind words & welcome @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava @Kapmcrunk @fait !

We have finally launched an online store after all these years and really appreciate the support/feedback :) Optimizing our process has
definitely been our focus over the past few months.

@Michael Nielsen we would love to see a review!

Mahalo Nui

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
So great to see you guys are still in the frozen kava game, @Pu'u O Hoku Ranch ! Ke'ala was always so dang nice every time I gave the farm a call. I've ordered quite a lot from you in the past, but it was always a little bit of a hassle with the shipping portion. Glad to see your store is up and running. Hopefully it'll streamline the process!

For anyone that hasn't tried this stuff, you absolutely have to. It's far more like cucumber water than the dirt we're used to, and the effects are fantastic.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
What's the website address?

Pu'u O Hoku Ranch

Kaunakakai Hawai'i
Kava Vendor
Mahalo @TheKavaFlow ! Yeah Keala was amazing that way, she recently retired but her contribution to the ranch lives on! Our shipping has come a long way... The slow down of the pandemic really helped us allocate more time to figuring things out on the distribution end. We are so grateful for all of our loyal customers who patiently hung in there while we tried to figure it all out! We really owe it all to them, 30 years later we are online!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Is this they same fresh frozen kava that was being distributed by RoH for a while (maybe they still do...have not looked)? If so it was a great experience for me. It was expensive but I highly recommend it.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
I ordered the honey and apple bananas, I'll try the kava some other time.
We had a chance to go to Hawaii right before the coronavirus hit everyone this spring, and my wife is a banana freak. The apple bananas over there are small, but are super sweet and super delicious. I hate bananas, but she loved them and constantly wishes we could have a fresh supply, so this'll hopefully be a good replacement!