What's new

New Vendor - Pu'u O Hoku Ranch

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Do you believe that those who has an issue with the taste of kava. Would have any easy time with fresh kava?
Yes. It is a completely different flavor than kava made from dried roots. Lighter, fresher, more "green" flavor like grass or cucumber than "dirt" flavor. I also find that the fresh frozen I have had tasted different then even the NZ Societies/KWK fresh bottled kava. Similar but I like the fresh frozen taste better.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
My banana pudding is great! I have plenty I could nitpick about this particular execution of the recipe but the Hawaiian honey and apple bananas certainly spruce it up!
Yep, placed my order after reading your comment.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
It feels like you are drinking the lingering effects of kava only. I was very spacey and relaxed but did not feel much of an uplifting or talkative effect. Very introspective. One of the weirdest parts was how sticky the mix was, it felt like and smelled like there was pine needles mixed in. Almost sappy. This morning when I cleaned the tanoa I had to scrape at the bottom to get the kava off.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
It feels like you are drinking the lingering effects of kava only. I was very spacey and relaxed but did not feel much of an uplifting or talkative effect. Very introspective. One of the weirdest parts was how sticky the mix was, it felt like and smelled like there was pine needles mixed in. Almost sappy. This morning when I cleaned the tanoa I had to scrape at the bottom to get the kava off.
This must have been the Isa you wrote about earlier. The "pine-needle flavor" can be a give-away for Isa.
The sticky sensation is resinous kavalactones or so I'm told.
Although I do not drink Isa, when I prepare traditional beverage
I work the filter bag like a lomi massage until the sticky--Ness
clears itself out.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
Was this Isa? The "pine-needle flavor" can be a give-away for Isa.
The sticky sensation is resinous kavalactones or so I'm told.
Although I do not drink Isa, when I prepare traditional beverage
I work the filter bag like a lomi massage until the sticky--Ness
clears itself out.
Yeah this was Isa, I was expecting the piney flavor, but have never felt my hands get sticky from mixes kava ever. I could have probably stuck a coin to my fingers and lift it to give an example of just how sticky it was.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
The Rahm is superb, cucumber-y and very smooth. The effect is like an infusion of cool Hawaiian breezes flowing over my soul, soothing it, which is nested in a celestial hammock, at peace with all that is. Quite the treat when compared to dry medium grind...it feels balanced leaning heady and I'm hooked!
Cheers and Bula!
Good you like the Rahmedel, it is one of my favorite kava. Lot's of talk in earlier posts regarding Rahmedel.
The late, great Bill Raynor (Nature Conservancy Pohnpei, FSM) wrote that this cultivar was reserved for
Nahnmwahrkis (High Chiefs) .

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
I had the Mo'oula which was very balanced. It is supposed to be same as the honokane iki. It felt qs if the kavanalactones were flowing through my bones. Very pleasant and euphoric.last year i tried the hanakapi which is heavier.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I have not tried this specific ISA but I have tried others, and some other tudei kavas. They almost always give me a stoney feel. Not much if any kavain uplift or headiness. They also tend to exacerbate my constant low level dermo (i.e. dryish skin but manageable) to full on snowflake skin sluffing off. They are great at killing anxiety - but not for really uplifting. I would not recommend if you want to get anything accomplished. I don't usually get couch lock from them, but my thinking is typically muddled. I have not gotten any nausea from reasonable levels of kava, and I don't from ISA either, but YMMV. In general, tudeis are not my cup of tea kava. The pineyness is also indicative of a tudei kava. Sleep is usually good - but effects do last until the morning and next day. I would use with caution as some people have more extreme reactions to tudeis. I think they have their place if used with caution and sparingly, but they are "different".