What's new

Newb - Effective Preparation?

mycota

Hey all,

Lurked here a few years ago, bought a mixed sampler from GHK that had med grind, instant and micronized. Had a terrible time with preparation when I first tried, super nauseous and didn't feel much. I think the worst experience was using micronized, fairly certain I didn't strain, and am not sure if I was supposed to.

Looking once again to kava to reduce and/or eliminate alcohol, with the Mahakea med grind I have left. I read a few comments that this may be too watered down. My protocol is:

• 5 tbsp med grind
  • 3 cups warm water
  • Vitamix at setting 1 for 3-5 mins
  • Knead and strain through nut milk bag
  • Put makas back in blender, second wash using 1.5 cups water and through bag again
Any feedback on this process? Would rather not buy aluball equipment if the blender method is fine.

I didn't have the extreme nausea doing this method (I also squeezed a lime wedge into the cup), so I'm assuming I'm straining more fiber out than when I just downed micronized. OR this just isn't strong enough.

Thank you all for your posts and this forum, it's certainly been a great help navigating the magic of this root.