What's new

Newbie here, first real effects!

Burnzy

Hi all!
I've been lingering here for the past 2 years or so and have just recently purchased my first order of real Kava! I'm considered a high functioning alcoholic as in, 12-15 beers a night and wake up without a hangover, go to work and have no issues, in fact, I continue to get promoted.

I stopped drinking at the start of October and after a break decided that now is the time to give Kava a decent crack.

I've just now felt something I haven't felt for a very long time. Legitimate head spin/ double vision type feeling that reminds me of when I was a teenager and drank more than I should have.

So for you all, is this something that comes often? Did I push it a little far? Is it my tolerance starting to reduce?

For context, I have been taking 60g or 6 tblsp of CK Vanuatu Nakamal. Tonight I mixed that with their Fiji Loa Waka.

I was in the process of making another batch when it hit me like a truck o_O.

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
Hello Burnzy, I am glad that you have decided to give Kava a chance. I have been on my lifechanging Kava journey for around a year now. I'm not exactly the most experienced person here, but I've gone through atleastm12 lbs. of the root now. I would say that Kava is a little different every time that I try it. I've had plenty of head spinning experiences and I've had experiences that have done nothing. I've had experiences where I've felt like I was literally on the moon and experiences that lasted 10 to 15 minutes but had me laughing at old cartoons like it was the first time I saw them as a kid again. It changes every time you drink it. But I have almost always kept my mind and judgement. Just keep in mind that every kava is different, and that every bag of kava can be different because you are talking about an organic substance.

So for you all, is this something that comes often? Did I push it a little far? Is it my tolerance starting to reduce?
From my experience, I would say that you should always listen to your body and let it tell you when you have gone too far. If you feel like you are on the cusp of having headaches or if you start to get a bad case of nausea, just wrap the Kava up in some plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge for a day or two (unless its already been in the fridge for a day or two and then dump it out because it is going to rot).

I hope that helps a bit. If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
swirly eyes = go sideways on couch for 10 and it will pass and youll be back in the kava bliss

Dylan Knable

Country Grits
My BIGGEST advice when drinking kava is the same advice I'd give for alcohol. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I cannot stress that enough. There's nights that I don't get anything from kava, and will keep drinking and drinking. At some point or another, I'll feel a slight nausea start to rise up. At that point, I call it quits for the night. Better to call it early than late and be puking it all back up.

Kava is different than alcohol in the sense that it doesn't always have the same face. There's times that I'll drink a little and it will hit HARD, then other times I have to drink a bunch to feel something. Just makes it that much more fun to try and figure out!