What's new

Newbie here wanting to make sure I'm doing this right (not feeling anything)

QuiKSilvR615

Kava Curious
Hey!

New to the forums, haven't been on a forums for anything is years actually. Been reading up on Kava on here and other resources and ordered some instant kava from Root Of Happiness. I bought a 50g bag of the Hawaiian Instant and 50g bag of their regular Instant Kava. The problem is I am not feeling a thing... My first attempt I took 2.5g in room temp water as recommended, waited 15 minutes, felt nothing took another 2.5 grams same way, felt nothing.. Second attempt I take 7.5 at one time (which is what the package says not to exceed in a day) and still nothing. Both times on an empty stomach (3-4 hours) followed with a meal, using the Hawaiian instant kava.

I know that's normal-ish I've been reading about the reverse tolerance so I know it might take some time. My plan is to just increase the amount by 2.5 grams each attempt until I feel something. so next time having 10g with some water on an empty stomach at once, then 12.5 the next time, etc. Is this advisable?? The bag says to not exceed 3 servings of 2.5g in a day. I haven't been trying it every day its been more like a once or twice a week thing. Should I bump this up to every day until It works?

I guess I'm just lacking a good guide on working through the reverse tolerance, and when I see any good information about it everyone is referencing the traditional ground kava rather than the instant so I don't know how it compares...

Really excited to experience the benefits this has to offer and would appreciate any help or feedback! Thanks!

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Hey!

New to the forums, haven't been on a forums for anything is years actually. Been reading up on Kava on here and other resources and ordered some instant kava from Root Of Happiness. I bought a 50g bag of the Hawaiian Instant and 50g bag of their regular Instant Kava. The problem is I am not feeling a thing... My first attempt I took 2.5g in room temp water as recommended, waited 15 minutes, felt nothing took another 2.5 grams same way, felt nothing.. Second attempt I take 7.5 at one time (which is what the package says not to exceed in a day) and still nothing. Both times on an empty stomach (3-4 hours) followed with a meal, using the Hawaiian instant kava.

I know that's normal-ish I've been reading about the reverse tolerance so I know it might take some time. My plan is to just increase the amount by 2.5 grams each attempt until I feel something. so next time having 10g with some water on an empty stomach at once, then 12.5 the next time, etc. Is this advisable?? The bag says to not exceed 3 servings of 2.5g in a day. I haven't been trying it every day its been more like a once or twice a week thing. Should I bump this up to every day until It works?

I guess I'm just lacking a good guide on working through the reverse tolerance, and when I see any good information about it everyone is referencing the traditional ground kava rather than the instant so I don't know how it compares...

Really excited to experience the benefits this has to offer and would appreciate any help or feedback! Thanks!

Welcome!

Yes of course reverse tolerance plays a big roll in this.
You should try starting off with medium grind. Root of Happiness Has some great medium grind kava's.
(I recommend Vanuatu or Fiji if you'd like to get straight to the point faster.)
Strain it well and drink through out the day or night.
The great effects of Kava will soon come.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

faldho

Kava Curious
be patient! think of your first bag as training for your body.
On my first time was drink 1-2 portions per day until the bag ran out. It took me around 4 days to feel anything on an empty stomach, and about 9 days to get the (somewhat) consistent feeling I get now.
Remember everyone is different and it could take much longer for some people but it's worth it in the end.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hey!

So I am not to familiar with RoH's instants and how strong they are but my advice to anyone who at first doesn't feel it is to set aside an evening and keep at it every 20-30 minutes until it hits you. I wouldn't worry at all about the serving recommendation/day. Many hard heads are drinking well above that per day (or the equivalent via medium grind). It is good to go slow - but really the worst that will happen if you drink too much at once is some nausea and you get a bit cross-eyed/super heady kind of vertigo feeling. A bit unpleasant but if you lay down and chill and eat something passes in about 15-20 min and you can enjoy the kava more after that. It is not nearly as bad as being alcohol intoxicated and not at all dangerous....you won't OD on kava. Drink too much in a day and the worst that will happen is you want to take a nice long nap.

Kava is also not like a barely perceptible, just above placebo effect, medicinal herb. You will feel it, and it will change your world. So keep at it and don't be afraid to try medium grind. It is easier than you think to make good kava with a strainer bag.

QuiKSilvR615

Kava Curious
Thanks dude! Yeah just trying to feel it out. I'll increase up to 10g next time then do another 2.5g every 30 minutes or so until I feel something. Does anyone have a good comparison for how much the instant kava equivalent is in the traditional ground kava? That would make the posts I see a lot easier to understand until I order some of the regular stuff. I already have 100g of these instants so I dont wanna invest more until I use em up.

QuiKSilvR615

Kava Curious
That leads me to my next question.. What would be a good ground kava to invest in after I use these up?? I wanna get some good stuff that will give me a good all around mellow vibe to help unwind after a long day type thing but not something that'll put me to sleep. What all will I need to prep it?

QuiKSilvR615

Kava Curious
Did a lot more reading and went balls deep.. Ordered a pound of Kalm With Kava - Borogu Vanuatu, an Aluball pro, and a Kavafied strainer bag. Still plan on doing the instant and just increasing the dose every 20-30 min or so until I feel the effects at least until I get the new stuff in. I just want to make sure I give this the best shot I can. More questions to come in sure lol Thanks for all your help so far guys! Let me know what you think about my plan (y)

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Did a lot more reading and went balls deep.. Ordered a pound of Kalm With Kava - Borogu Vanuatu, an Aluball pro, and a Kavafied strainer bag. Still plan on doing the instant and just increasing the dose every 20-30 min or so until I feel the effects at least until I get the new stuff in. I just want to make sure I give this the best shot I can. More questions to come in sure lol Thanks for all your help so far guys! Let me know what you think about my plan (y)
Thanks for your business!

The latest shipment of Borogu is actually some of the strongest kava we have at the moment -- so I'm sure you'll feel it. Just make sure to use the strainer bag to prepare it. Use a 1/2 cup of root to 3 cups of hot tap water, knead it for 5-10 minutes or so, and then add another cup of ice to cool it down. The strainer method will yield a far stronger batch of kava than the aluball will be able to provide (although it is nice when you're on the go or travelling)

Reach out with any questions!

QuiKSilvR615

Kava Curious
Thanks for your business!

The latest shipment of Borogu is actually some of the strongest kava we have at the moment -- so I'm sure you'll feel it. Just make sure to use the strainer bag to prepare it. Use a 1/2 cup of root to 3 cups of hot tap water, knead it for 5-10 minutes or so, and then add another cup of ice to cool it down. The strainer method will yield a far stronger batch of kava than the aluball will be able to provide (although it is nice when you're on the go or travelling)

Reach out with any questions!
Thanks for the info! When you say to do the 1/2 cup of the root to 3 cups hot water, do I gulp down off of that at once then make more in 30 min if I need more? Or gulp 1 cup, wait 20 min, have another cup, wait 20 min, etc. until I feel the effects.. Look forward to trying out your product!

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks for the info! When you say to do the 1/2 cup of the root to 3 cups hot water, do I gulp down off of that at once then make more in 30 min if I need more? Or gulp 1 cup, wait 20 min, have another cup, wait 20 min, etc. until I feel the effects.. Look forward to trying out your product!
It looks like I left out the most important part! Every 20-30 minutes you'll drink between 1/2 to 1 cup of kava. When I have kava I'll typically drink 4-5 shells of pretty strong stuff over the course of 2 hours.

QuiKSilvR615

Kava Curious
Perfect, I'll do that! Thanks a lot!

Side note. I actually had a pleasant Kava experience today! I took 10g of the Hawiian Instant Kava (Root of Happiness) in about 6oz of room temp tap water on an empty stomach. Waited 30 min, took another 5g. waited 30 min and took another 5g. So if anyone is reading this wondering how to approach the instant kava products that's what worked for me. I started really feeling the calming effects after 15g so I think I'll stop there next time :cool: