What's new

Newbie missing a strainer

Bjorn Bjarguson

Kava Curious
So a friend of a friend ordered kava and forgot to order a strainer bag, I'm trying to make a kava drink without a lot of solid pieces in it. What is the most undignifying, Macguyveresque workaround for straining kava you know. I have a food processor, but am wondering if I blended it long enough, or if blending is even good to do

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
So a friend of a friend ordered kava and forgot to order a strainer bag, I'm trying to make a kava drink without a lot of solid pieces in it. What is the most undignifying, Macguyveresque workaround for straining kava you know. I have a food processor, but am wondering if I blended it long enough, or if blending is even good to do
Blending is excellent to do. Use a clean t shirt or tea towel to strain it. It will get you through. Wet either one first or it will soak up a lot of your kava.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Use women's pantyhose.. double it up and use it to strain. It works great