What's new

Next day lethargy

Kava4All

Kava Curious
Hi all it's been a while since I posted here. On and off kava drinker. So since my kava journey began a few years ago I always am tired and lethargic the following day after drinking kava. I tend to drink 10-13 tablespoons of micronized each session. Is there anyone that has the same experience? I try and hydrate the night of and the following day as well.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Hi all it's been a while since I posted here. On and off kava drinker. So since my kava journey began a few years ago I always am tired and lethargic the following day after drinking kava. I tend to drink 10-13 tablespoons of micronized each session. Is there anyone that has the same experience? I try and hydrate the night of and the following day as well.

Yes a heavy amount of Kava will result in you being tired and lazy all through the next day. A lot of Kava will still have the relaxing feeling on your body even after you sleep.

I drink Kava heavy but I've gotten used to getting my ass up for work every morning, still very lazy & tired. lol

Drink plenty of water the next day. It'll help stable you

& try doing a much smaller dose lol

Kava4All

Kava Curious
Yes a heavy amount of Kava will result in you being tired and lazy all through the next day. A lot of Kava will still have the relaxing feeling on your body even after you sleep.

I drink Kava heavy but I've gotten used to getting my ass up for work every morning, still very lazy & tired. lol

Drink plenty of water the next day. It'll help stable you

& try doing a much smaller dose lol
Hahaha yeah that's exactly it. I'm not so much tired as in want to sleep just feel sluggish and really relaxed. Also yes after the responses on here I'm going to cut back some.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Hahaha yeah that's exactly it. I'm not so much tired as in want to sleep just feel sluggish and really relaxed. Also yes after the responses on here I'm going to cut back some.

There are some days that when I know I'm off the next day and plan to do absolutely nothing but sleep in I will go in on some Kava all night lol

But yea, cut back & take it slow. You'll see the difference :cool:

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Correct 10-13 "tablespoons" each session.
Really? May I ask how exactly you consume it? How much liquid do you even need to solve so much micronized?
10-13 tablespoons per session is a larger amount already for medium grind kava, but micronized... Usually one measures micronized kava in teaspoons, that's why I asked. Such an amount in tablespoons is extreme (and, besides other things, extremely expensive as well). Never heard of someone drinking that much micronized kava at once.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I don't drink micronised, but I used to take it from time to time. I remember any amount greater than 20g would mess up my stomach and make me feel far worse the next day than even a large amount of regular, properly filtered kava. 10-13 tablespoons is probably more than 100g. Hard to imagine what this must feel like, but I can imagine most people would feel horrible both during and after a session with this much micro.

Try switching to regular, filtered kava or get some real instant. I can guarantee you will feel way better.

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
Holy crap no wonder while you feel like dog spit lol

I'd try some kava in the traditional prep. That microionized stuff is tough on the stomach. If I had that much I'd be krunked out on the couch like a Colorado stoner!

I only felt like that when I drank too much of a heady kava. That microionized isn't something I'd drink to get krunk. Maybe for a quick drink after work, but that is hardcore what you do lol.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
In the days I still drank micro 2-3TBS for my first "shell" would usually rock me to my core for several hours. After 6 months the dermo made my house look like a miny snowstorm of skinflakes trailing behind me......

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That does sound like a lot of kava but maybe try adding a good quality multivitamin or just concentrate on b vitamins. They've made a lot of difference for me. I take a brand called Centrum, maybe available over with you, I don't know, and they make a huge difference to my day to day ability to drink strong heavy kavas and still get up for work the next morning!

Kava4All

Kava Curious
Really? May I ask how exactly you consume it? How much liquid do you even need to solve so much micronized?
10-13 tablespoons per session is a larger amount already for medium grind kava, but micronized... Usually one measures micronized kava in teaspoons, that's why I asked. Such an amount in tablespoons is extreme (and, besides other things, extremely expensive as well). Never heard of someone drinking that much micronized kava at once.
I drink 12 ounces of water per 5 tablespoons of micronized kava.