What's new

Kava Culture Nice stuff kava did for me

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Sort of in order. Feel free to add any cool effects from kava you have enjoyed. I should also mention that I get zero bad effects from grog.

1. vivid dreams, also nIghtmares stopped being scary

2. weight loss (just In time so I could qualify for needed cancer surgery that was restricted by weight). I have good weight now and look great (for an old guy)

3. completely eliminated all desire for alcohol. I went from 6- pack a day for 40 years to teetotal in 5 months with no effort nor cravings, not one.

4. it feels really good when I drink kava

5. better sleep. With kava I go to bed early, get 8 hours of sleep, wake feeling great. Always. Do not miss hangovers

I will add to this.....

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Sort of in order. Feel free to add any cool effects from kava you have enjoyed. I should also mention that I get zero bad effects from grog.

1. vivid dreams, also nIghtmares stopped being scary

2. weight loss (just In time so I could qualify for needed cancer surgery that was restricted by weight). I have good weight now and look great (for an old guy)

3. completely eliminated all desire for alcohol. I went from 6- pack a day for 40 years to teetotal in 5 months with no effort nor cravings, not one.

4. it feels really good when I drink kava

5. better sleep. With kava I go to bed early, get 8 hours of sleep, wake feeling great. Always. Do not miss hangovers

I will add to this.....
The social aspects of kava have been fun for us in our little neighborhood. My wife and I enjoy sharing our afternoon sessions with the uninitiated. Several couples have begun drinking kava more or less regularly on our block.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The social aspects of kava have been fun for us in our little neighborhood. My wife and I enjoy sharing our afternoon sessions with the uninitiated. Several couples have begun drinking kava more or less regularly on our block.
Oh yes, it’s great for family or social get together, especially with others who love kava, it’s great to sit and just drink grog. At Christmas we usually splurge and get fresh.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
6. Anti-inflammatory effects. All my life I had suffered from a hereditary condition called undifferentiated spondyloarthropathy. It manifest in many different ways, which is why it’s so hard to diagnose. Or at least it would be until you do a simple blood test. We know that now. Anyway, kava keeps down over 80% of the inflammatory episodes I used to endure. For me kava is an NSAID that I can take at a high enough level to be effective and still be safe. Good medicine.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
For me, pros- weight loss and zero alcohol cravings. Cons- depression.
How much do you drink to get rid of the alcohol cravings? I'm drinking 2 teaspoons every day with water. Effect is very mild so I'm missing the kick I get from alcohol. I'm I drinking too little Kava?

Last edited:

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I like it for the instant "switch off". I work quite intensely and under pressure from 7-5, and if I don't have kava I am still stressed with racing thoughts about the next things to do through till late. Mixing up a bowl and downing the first couple of shells in the early evening acts as a near-instant reset, and gets me back to normality quickly so that I can enjoy the last bit of the day.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
One more to add: helps prevent infinite scrolling the internet. I can easily get lost down internet rabbit holes on politics, conspiracy theories, fantasy lore, space, fitness etc. Somehow when I am a bit krunkalicious scrolling doesn't really appeal to me. More apt to pick up a book (yes a real book) then check what bs people are yelling about on the interwebs.