What's new

No kava=fatigue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I've been out of kava for about a week. I struggle with fatigue anyway because of my fibromyalgia, but it has been worse than normal lately. I'm wondering if my lack of kava is causing my fatigue? I drink balanced or heavier kavas, so it isn't like I get a ton of energy when I drink it. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is it because I don't have any kava or is it something else causing it?

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I've tried some type of magnesium to no effect. I haven't tried hops that may help if the new strain of kava doesn't do it. I know stress has a big impact on me, so it may be that I'm not getting the stress relief I'm used to.

D

Deleted User01

@chandra, you might be suffering from "mental Fatigue" which causes the feeling of overall fatigue. When I get worn out in the afternoon, I take a dose of "Mo'i" and my mental attitude perks up which gives me energy to start a new project or tackle a gnarly problem. I start early in the morning but I need to use those last 2 hours to get stuff done. When my mental attitude is bad, I have no physical energy to do a dang thing.
If you are out of Kava, do something that is mentally uplifting. Exercise if you can, listen to music, do something fun, anything ....

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
That was an incredible presentation. It is very hard to find real information on natural treatments for fibro. I found the Tyrosine and Cordallysis interesting. Yeah mental fatigue may have something to do with it and kinda fall into the overall stress thing that I'm used to relieving with kava.

D

Deleted User01

Anything that @Mrbinx69 posts concerning botanicals, vitamins, or supplements is going to be complete and on target. He's our local Witch Doctor .... Errr, I mean "Herbalist". :D Actually, some of his postings border on Pharmacology.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I like witch doctor ;) it rolls off the tongue nice and makes the villagers all riled up :D

Yeah sadly Im pretty sure all of those presentations are just backround for actual talks.
The person who made that though is the president of the American herbalist guild and a phenomenal and competent herbalist, dietician, yogi. Blah blah.
But I was listening to a podcast by him on herbmentor.com and he jokingly but seriously said that if he was trapped on an island and could only bring one thing for fibro . It would be magnesium.
Although oddly enough I didn't see it in there but the podcast was from June this year and that presentation from 2011 so who knows.
He was also convinced that people can truly not get the amount of magnesium from food in America due to our already very very far behind deficiency. Which I agree.

With kava being a diuretic too we probrably all need a bit more.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe I should give it another shot. I've got plenty just sitting here collecting dust. I've read books and done lots of research on herbal medicine, but you are much more knowledgeable than me. :bookworm: Maybe you can be the witch doctor and I can be your protege or apprentice lol.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I can't wait till the day I feel qualified to do such a thing . If you have questions I can answer but honestly I think it's the fate of every herbalist to feel like their a beginner for the rest of our lives haha.
I need to find a mentor in person myself! :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Exactly. When it comes to herbs what I've realized is foods are the best medicine. And food herbs. Like nettle. Oats. Linden red clover . Are all amazingly potent and incredibley safe.
Little things like eating all 5 flavors. Eating dandelions and getting all vitamins is essential to health . And minerals. Fats amino acids. Just pretend that as a human your naturally addicted to these substances and without you will experience withdrawls. Which is essenti ally called disease now in America .

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Dandelions? If I'm allergic to the pollen from dandelions would that make me allergic to eating them?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I know I sleep better when I drink kava. Is it possible you've been sleeping less or not as restfully?

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I've actually been sleeping a lot more. As for quality, it is a possibility I'm not sleeping as well. Mrbinx69 I'm writing an article on brain health with food and supplements. Does our resident witch doctor care to comment?

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I do wonder if the kava has something to do with it. I have problems like these on a regular basis anyway, but not nearly as much when I'm drinking kava. There's still so much we don't understand about kava. I'm not trying to say kava is causing my fatigue, I'm saying that maybe kava was helping the condition I already had in ways that I didn't even realize.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Brain health, i dont know! lol. Amino acids! omega 3 and 6, coconut oil! Gotu Kola is a brain tonic. But with herbs its better to be suited to individual energetics.
Meditation. Proper oxygen. Really diet is just essential.
Dandelions was just an example. I mean greens whichever work for you.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I think it was magnesium citrate, but I'm not entirely sure. I do use coconut oil. I tried fish oil but didn't see any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.