What's new

No kava for me :(

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Well they’re laying on the barrage of viral tests. They think it’s likely a rarer viral pneumonia. They’re saying it’s much worse than the flu and I can fully attest to that. No shells in the hospital room unfortunately.
Glad you're getting care. Holding you in the light.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
That was a ride and I'm happy at the end of reading it you ended up home and well. It's amazing how rough our bodies can get hit by an illness and then recover like nothing happened.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I’m almost positive I was the first case of EVALI at this hospital. The doctor told me my CT scan was “one of the most remarkable” He’d seen. This was without a smile. The doctor thinks it was also evali, but I can’t convince my better half it wasn’t just a bad case of pneumonia. It only responded to steroids and not antibiotics which is a distinct marker for it.

Don’t put things in your lungs that don’t belong there, especially things like oils or fats.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
I’m almost positive I was the first case of EVALI at this hospital. The doctor told me my CT scan was “one of the most remarkable” He’d seen. This was without a smile. The doctor thinks it was also evali, but I can’t convince my better half it wasn’t just a bad case of pneumonia. It only responded to steroids and not antibiotics which is a distinct marker for it.

Don’t put things in your lungs that don’t belong there, especially things like oils or fats.
Glad you're feeling better!! First time I've heard of EVALI... sounds absolutely bonkers!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Glad you're feeling better!! First time I've heard of EVALI... sounds absolutely bonkers!
I’m still at a super reduced ability to function. Lung function may take up to 6 months to return.

The couch is my home :)

Yeah, man. When I go and look it up it gives me that ultimate anxiety. I got close this time. Too close for comfort. I don’t like the term “ground glass” when referring to my lungs lol

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
I’m still at a super reduced ability to function. Lung function may take up to 6 months to return.

Yeah, man. When I go and look it up it gives me that ultimate anxiety. I got close this time. Too close for comfort. I don’t like the term “ground glass” when referring to my lungs lol
That is crazy. Glad you’re recovering. Take care. Happy Friday!

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast

That's why we stick to the trusted and tried root from nature!

stalebird

Kava Curious
Well they’re laying on the barrage of viral tests. They think it’s likely a rarer viral pneumonia. They’re saying it’s much worse than the flu and I can fully attest to that. No shells in the hospital room unfortunately.
Don’t die. This board has Helped me cut down on the booze A LOT because of Kava. And you seem to be the leader.

jokes aside, pneumonia is nothing to mess with. Hoping you get better quickly brother. Take care. I’ll down a shell for you.

Yvs

Kava Curious
Glad you are recovering!

EVALI is scary, I am surprised they haven't 100% identified the cause yet.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Don’t die. This board has Helped me cut down on the booze A LOT because of Kava. And you seem to be the leader.

jokes aside, pneumonia is nothing to mess with. Hoping you get better quickly brother. Take care. I’ll down a shell for you.
I love living. You can bet I'm going to do everything I can to extend that time to the max. Thank you for the sentiments. This website keeps me going on many days knowing someone out there finds relief in it.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector

Somehow I have missed many of these update Posts and am only reviewing them now. Until this very morning I'd never heard of EVALI. It appears to be only related to vaping? So a relatively new health issue. Remarkable. The 6 months to lung function is even longer than it took me when I had "old" classic pneumonia. We all wish you WELL.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.

I'm quitting smoking currently and usually feel like harm reduction is OK...except when things like this happen. Will you quit vaping? Would it require you to go through a nicotine replacement process and subsequent step down program?

I'm so sorry you had this. I had walking pneumonia last year and it was pretty awful. This year I've been terrified of getting it again. You're at higher risk of getting it again after having it once I've been told.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm quitting smoking currently and usually feel like harm reduction is OK...except when things like this happen. Will you quit vaping? Would it require you to go through a nicotine replacement process and subsequent step down program?

I'm so sorry you had this. I had walking pneumonia last year and it was pretty awful. This year I've been terrified of getting it again. You're at higher risk of getting it again after having it once I've been told.
In truth, I got extremely lucky. I didn't have to have oxygen where many people who experience this do. In fact many are told they may need oxygen for the rest of their lives. That's scary.

You're totally fine with your nicotine vape. It's the other, yellow cartridges filled with oil that you should stay away from if not purchased through a legitimate and legal source.

I'm quitting vaping because....well...because I've already got this much time between me and my last puff and I might as well roll with it. It's expensive flavored air anyways. So far the nicotine gum works great. So do the Swedish snus nicotine pouches. No actual tobacco but still has nicotine. When quitting cigarettes I always felt vapes lacked something and it's true. All of the maois and other additives that cigarettes contain also addict you. When quitting ecigs, the gum and the nicotine pouches are almost a 1:1 for vaping. The only thing I miss is holding my ecig.