What's new

No More Solomon for a While :(

kl.EthnoPharm

Kava Curious
I talked to one of the guys from Nakamal at Home and asked if they were getting their SI in any time soon. Unfortunately, their supplier is charging them double, so they can't make it affordable to their customers. Even though I'm sad it's out of stock, lol, it's nice to see that they look out for their customers. Just a little fyi for ya'll!

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
I just wish I could go back in time to get the old solomon islands and buy them out, haha. That stuff is to die for. I was not satisfied with the batch I got. Its weird, it tasted the same, but the effects were quite lame. It does suck tho they are doubling the price, they probably relize that their kava is the ^$(# haha.

kl.Gregor

Kava Curious
little side note on this - I ordered some Wow! last night and put a note in the section about hoping someday Solomon would come back. Jefferey the Fijian just left me a 2 min VM explaining the doubling of price and suggesting same fate might fall Tongan soon enough. Sounded very disappointed in tone it had come to this - in his words "the farmers just weren't budging". Sounds like they should all sit around the table and drink a few shells...

oh well...such is biz -

kl.EthnoPharm

Kava Curious
Wow, it's nice to see they put the time in to send a vm, impressive. Also, I do agree that if van3 was in, it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I looooooove solomon. Wow is great too, it just is too expensive for only 1/2 lb orders to get all the time.

kavalover

Outsider
Also, anyone try the fiji waka from Kava by Rex? I know its the wrong thread, but just wanted to know how it compares...
I've ordered Fiji Waka from KBR two times in a row so far, I really, really enjoy this kava. However I don't think it compares to the effects of Solomon. The effect Fiji Waka gives me is a very soothing muscle massage, and after 3 or so shells I'm in a nice floaty krunked mindset where everything can just "wait a minute". If I were to compare it to a N@H Kava, it'd be stone. Less edgy, though. The Fiji Waka is a very subtle kava you have to really "listen" to. Which I like.

Solomon has always been more blatantly obvious for me, takes hold of my mind and drags me to a stimulated mind state where I can listen to my thoughts and make decisions. Which, is great when that's what I'm looking for, though I really like smooth subtle kava for regular use.

So, through my experience yeah I don't think Fiji Waka and Solomon are very similar. I'd like to try mixing them, though. If you try Fiji Waka let us know, I'd love to hear your experience as it's most definitely in my top 3

kl.EthnoPharm

Kava Curious
I definitely will be trying fiji waka next, as i just got my wow! in again :)) Also, I'll state again that I love N&H; not only for their products, but for their supreme customer service.