What's new

Noble Kava

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I've been planning on driving down there for a while to see the Biltmore estate.
Worth the trip toured the estate on two different occasions, Asheville is a beautiful little city. Unfortunately for me the visits were in my pre-kava days so I missed the kava bar.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Just for full transparency to the members here. I need to let you guys know that they do sell prepared Mitragyna beverages in the form of a cold tea.
Well I guess they need to make a buck. I mean the stuff is legal. I used to use, The K word, but I got addicted. Although it took a long time to do so. I used it for years. I would say occasional use of it, would probably be safer than alcohol. So with that said, I would go there despite them saleing that product. Although I would not purchase it. But I would go slap ass crazy with there Kava. As long as I can afford it. I'm just curious, what's a shell cost there? Much love. Roaddog....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The house kava was $4.50 a shell, and the special fijian was $6.00 per shell. If you're a first timer they usually sell you a double for the price of a single, which I thought was rather nice.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
A rather interesting change, and a sad one in my opinion. Here's some quotes, emphasis added:

Mr. Procyk's second post ever:
"...Regardless, as both Tyler's and my associations purport that K***** should not be sold as a drink, we would not run afoul as we only sell it as a POS (To-go) item - nothing at all like the FL bars which serve "brew" and kava with added K***** extract, unlabeled. Despite having no problems whatsoever with K*****, I do believe that it does have its place, and (like bright lights) changes the atmosphere of a kava bar when taken therein..."
(Source: kavalounge, April 9, 2013)

Current status:
"...Noble Kava is a bar that serves drinks made from the root of kava plants. The kava drink is a mild intoxicant with a mellow relaxing effect, but allows the consumer to maintain mental clarity, Procyk explained.
Procyk and his wife, Keely Flow, maintain a connection to kava’s origins in their downtown business out of respect for the culture and history of a ceremony going back thousands of years. Noble Kava does not sell alcohol, but they do sell teas, coffee, and drinks made from leaves of the K***** tree, a plant in the coffee family with its own mild effects..."

(Source: Asheville Urban News, August 12, 2014)
Now I don't like the Idea, Of the K word, being slipped into my Kava. That's a good way to get the owner a black eye. I don't think its much to ask for that our products, to have there proper ingredients. As mentioned before, I am an K addict. Putting it in my drink, could cause me withdrawal symptoms. I got enough of those, from my Valium taper. No, I would be outraged, if it was slipped into my drink. Also I would know it on the first shell. I can spot the taste, of the K word, a mile away.

But on the other hand, I wouldn't want to deny others of the K word. I mean it dose have some great effects. I'm sure if used with Kava, would really be relaxed. See for me, Kava is my replacement for the K word, and the Opxxtes too.

I just think they need to understand, that there may be folks going there who are in recovery. Much love, Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@Roaddog absolutely. I feel I need to clarify that @ Noble Kava they do sell them separately.
Well that's fine then. as long, as they sae them separate. Man, I did 4 scoops, of GHK Mahakea, about an hour ago. I did 4 scoops. Must be a little too much. Because I am Krumpt as hell. When I say 4 scoops, I mean teaspoons. I got the room spinning and the works. But No Dermopathy. But my push it to the limit, way of thinking, has put, my ::couch:: into play. We are talking double vision. My last order of Micro was Moi. It was not nearly as strong as Mahakea. It seems to be the strongest kava I have tried yet. Although I do have some Stone, on the way. Also ordered Kava candy, a whole case. Anyway, Guess I'm going to have an interesting day. Much love. Roaddog...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Well I guess they need to make a buck. I mean the stuff is legal. I used to use, The K word, but I got addicted. Although it took a long time to do so. I used it for years. I would say occasional use of it, would probably be safer than alcohol. So with that said, I would go there despite them saleing that product. Although I would not purchase it. But I would go slap ass crazy with there Kava. As long as I can afford it. I'm just curious, what's a shell cost there? Much love. Roaddog....
Way before I started using kava, I put a lot of time and effort to try and find a substitute for alcohol. Because of what you said (in bold), it's the reason I decided to stay miles away from that stuff and ultimately decided to give kava a try instead. I'm actually so afraid of getting addicted to something else that I'm not even going to try to see if I like it or not.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Way before I started using kava, I put a lot of time and effort to try and find a substitute for alcohol. Because of what you said (in bold), it's the reason I decided to stay miles away from that stuff and ultimately decided to give kava a try instead. I'm actually so afraid of getting addicted to something else that I'm not even going to try to see if I like it or not.
You know your better off that way. I sure Wish I never tried any of the O word, or the K, word. But me being the man that will jump out of a perfectly good airplane, with nothing more than a parachute, says a lot to how far I am willing to go. I wish I had more fear of things. Some of the stuff I have done has been slap crazy. I mean, I went down the back side of Copper Mountains Bee run. That's a double black diamond. With a good possibility of avalanches. But my best friends son talked me into it. He was 12 years old, and had done it 3 times, already that day. I made it down, riding my edge the whole way. Remember snowboard, not skies. I have jumped on moving trains. snuck into foreign countries. I don't know why, but there must be a little danger for me to get involved. I need to change that. I'm getting too old. Much love. Roaddog....