What's new

Odd blackout like things from kava

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Last night, I prepared 9 tablespoons worth of bkh borogu. I used a blender and then strained and kneaded the kava for about ten minutes. At about 12 at night, I went to bed, and as I was laying down, I think I must've kept either spacing out a ton or momentarily falls asleep. It happened about ten times before I fell asleep. Every time, I didn't remember what had happened and it was as if I had just been turned off suddenly and then turned back on. It didn't worry me at all but I am a bit curious as to what may be causing this. Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Yeah, kava is a hypnotic. It makes you fall asleep easy, not really a black out.
It usually happens to me at the end of a heavy kava experience or if I drink kava when I'm already exhausted.
If I let myself get really comfortable,...bam! I wake up realizing I fell asleep for a while without the intention to.

D

Deleted User01

Well, there is a difference between blacking out and falling asleep without warning on the couch. So if you were already laying in bed and feeling relaxed, then I wouldn't call it blacking out. If you find yourself prone on the floor, then you can say you blacked out and then I would be very concerned for you. I'm with @shakas on this, after exercising plus a long work day, its pretty easy to find myself waking up on the couch and rewinding my audio book and wondering how long I was asleep.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I just slept from 3 to 5 and 7 to 9. Less of a blackout more of a nap... Now I'm wide friggin awake though.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
No, I have never blacked out. I don't really get that much sleep from Kava. I mean, I guess it helps, but I have such bad insomnia, I have to take sleeping pills, with my Kava. Much Love. Roaddog....

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
This is actually one of my favorite things about kava .As shakas said it's usually at the end but it can happen randomly. Like during a movie while drinking kava. Or three shell sunday grocries sunday as my wife drives to heb to pick up yummyz for the week. Shiiiiiiiiiiiit mang it happend tonight just watching tv . Anyway these are the three warning signs for me .
The warm fuzziness.
The Drift
The dimmer.
::couch::::chugger::

D

Deleted User01

I hear ya Bulabuck, the dimmer is your first warning that you better get to bed unless you want to sleep 8 hours on the couch. It is a good thing!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava nods. I usually only get them when eating Paradise Kava extract. Usually with a tablespoon's worth I wake up on the couch 2-3 hours later.