What's new

Oddly different feeling with Micronized??

MaritimeMan

Kava Curious
Heya gang! I've been taking Kava off and on for a few months now with very different results. I can't understand it...

When I make it the traditional way, soaking with water (sometimes coconut milk) and kneading through a cheese-cloth, the results are fantastic. Euphoric, calming, wonderful.
But when I try Micronized kava, or kava mints, or kava concentrate, the results are... different. There's no euphoria, and only a little bit of calming. My head swims mostly. Not uncomfortably, but that's the best way to describe it.

Any ideas why this is? It's very odd. I've consistently gotten wildly different results depending on if I chose to make the kava, or take Micronized.
I definitely started this kava journey with reverse tolerance, when I first started a few months ago. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help you can give, and glad to meet you all!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Heya gang! I've been taking Kava off and on for a few months now with very different results. I can't understand it...

When I make it the traditional way, soaking with water (sometimes coconut milk) and kneading through a cheese-cloth, the results are fantastic. Euphoric, calming, wonderful.
But when I try Micronized kava, or kava mints, or kava concentrate, the results are... different. There's no euphoria, and only a little bit of calming. My head swims mostly. Not uncomfortably, but that's the best way to describe it.

Any ideas why this is? It's very odd. I've consistently gotten wildly different results depending on if I chose to make the kava, or take Micronized.
I definitely started this kava journey with reverse tolerance, when I first started a few months ago. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help you can give, and glad to meet you all!
Howdy, welcome to kf. You sort of answered your own question, medium is much better and with the added benefit that there is much more variety, compared to micronized.

Micronized kava adds too much fiber to the mix and you end up with an uncomfortable feeling.

Extracts will always be short lived and nothing like drinking kava, it's a nice alternative for certain situations.

MaritimeMan

Kava Curious
Howdy, welcome to kf. You sort of answered your own question, medium is much better and with the added benefit that there is much more variety, compared to micronized.

Micronized kava adds too much fiber to the mix and you end up with an uncomfortable feeling.

Extracts will always be short lived and nothing like drinking kava, it's a nice alternative for certain situations.
Ah, right on, thanks!