What's new

'Opihikao AKA "Spotted Hiwa"

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Just ordered this variety from HKC.  First time I've seen it listed on their website.  I love it when I find a new variety I haven't had before.

Islandtime

Kava Curious
I got this in a week ago havent had a chance to try it yet but pretty excited for it. lets us know what you think of it. I really dig hawaiian strains so im pumped to try it.

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Have just finished my third shell of this kava. The flavor is remarkable. It actually tastes very close to the fresh frozen root from Paradise Kava. More earthy and less vegatative but very close. Very..and I mean very pleasant after taste. I would drink this one for the flavor alone. No topical numbing sensation in my mouth as I normally get from most kavas but more of a numbing sensation from within. Most notably in my cheeks and lower jaw. Not a lot of body effect from this kava but it is very relaxing and all is good with the world right now. I still feel a pain in my shoulder from lifting a giant bag of pet food........I just don't care about it.

I hope HKC gets more soon.

Islandtime

Kava Curious
Well I gotta say very nice taste, like a mix of Pana'ewa and Hiwa, less numbing than normal but very deceptive since the effects are kicking in nicely. hope they keep this in the rotation for a while.