What's new

Micronized Kava Review Opihikao

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
This one is a nice, heavy, sedating Hawaiian cultivar. Originally, I was very surprised the 1st time I tried Hiwa, at just how sedating a Hawaiian 'awa can really be. I was glad, because my needs for kava mostly fall on the side of sedation. I need something to slow me down and crush anxiety. Hiwa very clearly did that, but unfortunately was a little disappointing, since sedation is just about all it does. Kinda boring. Well, enter: Opihikao. Opihikao is a lot like Hiwa. It's deep, soothing and heavy...but slightly less so than Hiwa. On top of that, it has an extra little sparkle to it. A touch of that smiley good vibe feeling, a kind of 'the world feels a bit more interesting' vibe. That makes it less boring, while at the same time offering a pretty similar heaviness to Hiwa. In my opinion, that makes it the better choice, between the two. It's not as perfectly balanced as Papa Kea and Mahakea feel to me, but it's somewhere between those and Hiwa.
75% sedate, chilled, body buzz / 25% Mental magic.
I also used one scoop of Opihikao after a somewhat lackluster night with Borogoru...and what do you know, it cranked it right up to where I wanted to be. (y) It's a keeper, but I'm still a fan-boy for the 'kea' family. ::happyshell::

(thanks for the image @HeadHodge, I made a couple edits, if you don't mind)
::ricky::

Last edited:
A

Adam

Nice review there @shakas, enjoyed that all the more because ive ordered some. If I get the same effects as you then it will be perfect , just what I've been looking for.
Thanks again for the clear review.
Adam

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I'm an M'd and I approve your message @shakas ....wait no my name just starts with M and ends with D...well same diff anyways?::confused2::::amirite:::LOL:

This dirty little kava-whore review was anything but boring. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I personally rated it higher on my own review because I love hiwa that much for my incessant sleep issues and any other heavy kavas. This being the "Rare spotted Hiwa" cultivar rounds out the affects just that much more.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Great Review Shakas Snob. (y) @nemo adopted my Kava Pig and I would be happy if you adopted Kava Snob (it fits you like a glove)!!!