What's new

Powdered Kava Review Opihikao

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
In order to fully experience the effects of this kava I added a few teaspoons of opihikao micronized to a big bowl of freshly squeezed/kneaded medium grind kava. This way I could use a bit less medium grind powder, which was very helpful as I was preparing this kava for 10 people.

I have now tried Opihikao 5 times and it has always been an amazing experience. The taste is quite good and mild, but perhaps not as good as that of some of the other Hawaiian products. Still, it's good enough (and certainly not repulsive) and in any case nobody (?) drinks kava for the taste. What matters is that this kava is incredibly powerful and also rather sophisticated. While it certainly is one of the most sedating Hawaiian kavas I've had, it also offers some extra very pleasant and strong mental effects. Just a couple of minutes after my first two shells I started smiling and experiencing a wave of pleasant euphoria. A few minutes later I started feeling a nice pressure around my eyes (other people drinking it with me experienced exactly the same thing!). 15 minutes later my whole body relaxed and I became very calm, sedated while I was still feeling that nice buzz in my head.

Overall, it's a truly amazing kava that can offer both a solid relaxation (and can easily help with falling asleep) and some very pleasant, "bonus" mental effects. It is definitely one of the best kavas I've had.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Nice review. I love that you added the micronized to bump it up a couple of notches. I've been doing Opihikao in the late afternoon and so far it hasn't put me to sleep so I'm also happy with that. It does have enough headiness to keep you in the game but you still sleep like a log later.