What's new

Powdered Kava Review Ovalau's Heritage

ThePiper

Kava Lover
This kava is fairly good tasting to me but it has that peppery/spice element which I love. If I made the taste scale it would be a scale from peppery yumminess on one end, to mild/neutral in the middle, with fermented sweaty gym socks on the worst end of the scale. This one has peppery yumminess with minimal acrid essence.

The first time I tried this I was a little disappointed because the headiness was a bit too spacey for me to enjoy at work. The second time I tried this as my second kava session later in the day right before a big social work-related thing where I needed to perform well and I had almost zero anxiety and managed to stay sharp but relaxed. I have drank it a few more times since then and enjoyed it as a late afternoon kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah, doesn't tase piney at all, but sort of spicey wood. It's a good flavour and doesn't taste like anything else I ever drank. For me it is definitely an evening kava.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Anybody else have thoughts about Ovalau's heritage?? Looks like we still don't have a chemotype (maybe it was also too small of a shipment?). Can anyone say how it compares to other kavas?

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Its really good. Somewhat balanced. Worth a go
And different from anything else, imo, both in taste and effect. Goes really well as a blend 3:1 with taveuni’s lawena. It is already a blend with lawena in it, so you probably don’t want to add too much lawena. Might try it with a really good Tongan 1:1 someday, tho.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
And different from anything else, imo, both in taste and effect. Goes really well as a blend 3:1 with taveuni’s lawena. It is already a blend with lawena in it, so you probably don’t want to add too much lawena. Might try it with a really good Tongan 1:1 someday, tho.
Their website calls it a waka (though it calls it "mild"; not sure if that was in reference to potency, taste or the balance of its effects).

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Its pure waka not a blend. The mild refers to the potency. Ovalau's heritage isnt as strong compared to our other wakas. Its more similar to the Beqa's Sanctuary we had.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Its pure waka not a blend. The mild refers to the potency. Ovalau's heritage isnt as strong compared to our other wakas. Its more similar to the Beqa's Sanctuary we had.
I stand happily corrected, because now I can't wait to try it blended 1:1 with Taveuni's Lawena (of which I still have a precious little bit left).