What's new

Video Pacific Regional Conference on kava

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Oh, wait... looks like its just Fiji Kava's bottled drink. Oh well, hopefully that's the start of the commercial imports to Australia anyway...!

EDIT - seems to have been an announcement in Fiji, will wait to see more details, but looks like restrictions ease from 1st December:

Last edited:

Crunked

Proselytizer
Well, as of 20 November 2021, NOTHING has been published on the ODC website with details of the scheme. How can importers make an application to import when there are no details of the scheme? The above video was recorded on 17 November 2021. Is the Minister serious that importers can make an application to import from 1 December 2021 when no details of what is required for an application are available?

It reminds me of the joke of the Irish tourist who enters a taxi in New York. The cab driver asks 'Where to?", to which the Irishman replies "None of your business". Kava importer to Minister, "How do I make an application?". Minister replies, "None of your business". ::rolling2::

Last edited:

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Well, as of 20 November 2021, NOTHING has been published on the ODC website with details of the scheme. How can importers make an application to import when there are no details of the scheme? The above video was recorded on 17 November 2021. Is the Minister serious that importers can make an application to import from 1 December 2021 when no details of what is required for an application are available?

It reminds me of the joke of the Irish tourist who enters a taxi in New York. The cab driver asks 'Where to?", to which the Irishman replies "None of your business". Kava importer to Minister, "How do I make an application?". Minister replies, "None of your business". ::rolling2::
Seems fijikava.com are taking orders for powdered root - they've obviously figured out the application process!

$200 a kilo...

Crunked

Proselytizer
Hmmm. How could they have a licence when applications haven't opened and the application process is a secret? Maybe I'll have a shell and treat the question as a Zen koan.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The conference is interesting for real. I like the thing that here you can see all the statistics when it comes to agriculture and forestry. And also it is very good that you show everything like it is in practice. I like this method and I believe it is very effective in any area. Using leadership simulations prendo.com, you can feel yourself in a particular situation and try to solve it. Thus, even if you fail, you essentially don't lose anything, but you gain valuable experience, and when it comes to the real situation, you feel much more confident, and most likely you will succeed. About kava, you really have something that needs to be tested and improved. Probably you lack on the coordination mechanism.

Last edited: