What's new

Pain during kava sessions

TraderMitch

Kava Curious
So I've been drinking kava for a couple weeks now. 3-4 days a week.
I always stay hydrated before and after each session, and i dont take Tylenol, at all.

But I've noticed everytime I drink kava, I always have some type of pain, not extreme pain, not bad pain. More like a vague discomfort.

I'm 1 1/2 cups in on my session and I feel the pain a little above my left hip bone.

Other sessions I've had pain behind my rib cage, the bones that stick out below the chest.

Does anybody share these experiences?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I've been drinking kava for a couple weeks now. 3-4 days a week.
I always stay hydrated before and after each session, and i dont take Tylenol, at all.

But I've noticed everytime I drink kava, I always have some type of pain, not extreme pain, not bad pain. More like a vague discomfort.

I'm 1 1/2 cups in on my session and I feel the pain a little above my left hip bone.

Other sessions I've had pain behind my rib cage, the bones that stick out below the chest.

Does anybody share these experiences?
Yes it is commonly described as gas. Gas can be uncofortable enough and downright painful that it makes you believe it is something more serious. 95% of the time it is gas. Happens to all of us at one point or another.

When chugging, avoid swalling extra air and also, when sitting on the throne, rotate your body above the waist (try to keep your back straight), in a circular motion. Left to right and vice versa. This technique can really help too.

TraderMitch

Kava Curious
Yes it is commonly described as gas. Gas can be uncofortable enough and downright painful that it makes you believe it is something more serious. 95% of the time it is gas. Happens to all of us at one point or another.

When chugging, avoid swalling extra air and also, when sitting on the throne, rotate your body above the waist (try to keep your back straight), in a circular motion. Left to right and vice versa. This technique can really help too.
I was thinking it might be gas haha. Thanks for the reassurance

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I get weird pains too. I used to be the type of person that will convince myself that I am dying of some disease on a regular basis. Gas pain could easily be cirrhosis of the liver in my mind :p . The best way to combat fears like this is to just get a yearly physical and make lifestyle changes based on lab results. When I used to drink a lot, I went to the emergency room because I thought I was dying and it was just dehydration, anxiety, and sleep deprivation...