What's new

Powdered Kava Review Palarasul + Bir Kar

goodtimecharlie

Kava Curious
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":10,"Mind":4,"Body":10,"Anxiety":8,"Sedative":8,"Taste":"4","Preparation":"","Duration":"","SideEffects":"","Headline":""}
So I won a review contest in which a random picker selected me to win a free bag of Kava! Thank you so much Kapmcrunk and Henry :)

Henry from Kava Society was kind enough to supply the prize...and it just came in the mail today. It was a unique blend of their Palarasul and Bir Kar. Now, Kava society was probably one of the last venders I had yet to try, so I was very excited to get to try their goods. Also, it was super cool of him to send me a strainer bag as it just so happened that the seams burst on my prior one over the weekend- so it was perfect!

I worked out, had an empty stomach, and made sure to not mix in any of my other kavas. The grind was fine and consistent, which made for an easy brew. I loaded up 5 tablespoons which resulted in a smooth looking light color...similar to when you add too much milk or cream to your morning coffee. The taste was of kava, although it did have a subtle after taste of dark chocolate which was a new experience for me.

The feeling (before food): Half a glass down and that glowing kava buzz begins to glide into the front of my head and slowly spread through my brain. The buzz is numbing, and comforting, and it travels through my face, down the back of my neck, and into the muscles of the shoulders. About 3 glasses in, the numbing comfort has filled each of my limbs and back...and I am simply in a state of calm and at peace with my position in time and space. My mood has become more positive and deviates towards the "good" (feeling grateful for things in life, reflecting on todays accomplishments, and plans for the future). This is definitely a heavy Kava for me, which is great because those are what I seek.

N@H's stone, Squanch Fijian, and Kava Time's Ambae are my Go To's in my rotation to give you an idea of what I usually enjoy. I dare say this Kava has just moved to my number one spot.

The way my body chemistry works is I will reach a peak in effects while drinking on an empty stomach. To reach the next level, I will require food in the belly. I will go eat and return to finish writing this...if I am capable.

The feeling after eating (written the next day): After eating, I did my taxes then laid down in bed and melted away into a blissful dreamless sleep. I have had life long insomnia and Kava has been a very beneficial plant medicine for me.

In summary: this is a Kava you will not want to share, unless for that special occasion or when you try to WOW your alcoholic friend to turn them onto Kava to kick the booze. If you have insomnia, anxiety, or muscle aches, this is a good Kava for you. I am sure it can help with other things, however I will only speak about what it does for me. It is definitely heavy and I am happy to say I would not feel comfortable driving with this one. I am extremely satisfied and refreshed by the experience I had with Kava Society's Kava, and also very grateful to Henry and everyone in this community.

Put this supplier at the top of your list to try guys and you wont be disappointed!

Attachments