What's new

Pana'ewa

Islandtime

Kava Curious
Just order some of this stuff.  I was so impressed with mo'i, I had to give one of there other kavas a shot.  I have to say I am really becoming a hawaiian kava fan, not that other types aren't great but I think high levels of kavain and great taste make a hawaiian kava hard to beat.  I will  write a review of this as soon as I get it.

Islandtime

Kava Curious
Ok I got this stuff today, and opening the bag was magical. Very interesting smell. I used a ratio of 1 cup kava to 3 cups water, and like mo'i it has that white foam spring to the top when you stir it. I see this on other kavas too but these hawaiian ones more so. I made a second strain with 2 cups of water fridged it for 5 hours or so. Empty stomach, I wasn't expecting this kava to be crazy strong or anything. I always start with the second strain first to get ready for the real batch. As with mo'i the flavor is amazing though different than mo'i. I have a hard time getting kava from Vanuatu down, but this stuff is almost tasty. With second strain down I felt pretty good, and it keeps getting better. This isn't a kava that will knock you off your chair, but the effect is very interesting. I don't want to say its anit-social but the usual desire to talk to people I get with alot of other kavas is not really there at all. I am totally content just hanging out listening to music and reading. It is almost meditative, and definatly a kava that will lead to that magical slumber. In terms of strength its just in it own world, the mind is totally happy about all the things going on, and I feel like nothing could bother me. Very dreamy indeed, if you dig Hawaiian kava you may wanna check this out as there are many factors that don't occur in other kavas. But if you are looking for something to lay you out this wont be it. I will say this is a very deep thinking kava kinda, like solomon but in a different light, Since I have about half a cup of mo'i left I think I will try a mo'i pana'ewa blend in the near future. Thanks for reading bula!

kl.Elizabeth

Kava Curious
I tried this last night - it's interesting.  I'd almost say it made me more anti-social than I already am.(smiley: laugh)  It's definitely one that makes me want to read, or just think and without noise.  But, then again, I like quiet normally.

kl.Elizabeth

Kava Curious
I take back the no noise thing.  Music is awesome with this kava.  I guess I'm just not really that into having conversations.

kl.r3mote

Kava Curious
i find kava to be too empathogenic (without the forced dopamine release like, say, mdma) to use around non-kava drinkers (drunk people, especially). but if everyone around you is also drinking kava, then, it's great.

kl.r3mote

Kava Curious
got a pound of this and mo'i today, making a batch of pana'ewa now. going to do 1 cup kava to about 4 cups hot water.
15 min later: very strong, very earthy aroma similar to mo'i but MUCH stronger. it must be very freshly ground.
this aroma is not to my tastes. but to be fair, I used hot water to brew, as I plan on refrigerating it until tomorrow night. maybe if I used room temp water it wouldn't be so aromatic, I dunno.

hours later: just checked on it in the fridge, and it lost the strong smell (thankfully). will try it tomorrow as I already made a new batch of van3 that im drinking tonight.