What's new

Powdered Kava Review Papa ‘Ele‘ele

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
cpReview
{"Grade":9,"Potency":7,"Mind":8,"Body":2,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":3,"Taste":"8","Preparation":"1/3 of cup of root with 600ml of water. Blended on low for a minute and strained/kneaded through a 75 micron bag. \n2 washes, added 3 tbs on the second wash.","Duration":"on going","SideEffects":"none","Headline":"Light, mellow tasty kava."}
I always complain that it takes a long time to get kava from Chris, granted he is in Hawaii and I am in NY, it kind of makes sense. I am happy to say I placed this order last Sunday night and got it today. Even the USPS tracking said Saturday, so kudos to you Chris on the fast shipping. It was the best surprise on a Thursday I could have hoped for.

I am really enjoying this kava so far, it's light and tasty, I don't really know what to compare it to, it's not as punchy as Mo'i and it felt like a creeper. Initial feeling was of delight (I usually associate that feeling with headier, euphoric kavas). once I got into the second wash, I noticed some light sedation, which I thought it complimented this kava quiet nicely.

Overall, excellent kava, looking forward to testing it as a daytime kava but until then, I have a feeling I am going to sleep really well tonight. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the review. I ordered some of this as well (mine is expected to arrive on Monday) and it's nice to know what to expect. (y)

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I must have ordered mine the same day as you and received it the same day here in Virginia. Fast shipping from Hawaii. I was already dedicated to some other combo tonight, but look forward to trying it.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I got my Papa Ele Ele yesterday evening in the mail and made it up. Wow that's a nice kava! So smooth and light tasting as you said. I didn't feel euphoria per se (maybe I was too distracted I had a lot of things going on at the time I made it up and started shelling) but everything else you said was spot on for my experience as well. The relaxation and sedation came on later and I slept like a baby! :)