What's new

Papa Kea and Mahakea Back in Stock

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, when this virus stuff started to get real serious, there were a lot of my customers that bought out all my kava. There was a big rush of sales.
I have since harvested more kava but it is on a limited supply. I have Papa Kea and Mahakea medium grind in stock, for how long I do not know.
I am harvesting more kava and will keep supplying you kava lovers as I can.
Please everyone stay safe and healthy. Aloha from Hawaii.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
any instant or micronized mahakea planned in the pipeline?
I might have some instant later but I am not sure. I do not plan on making any micro for some time, maybe never, it seems there are a lot of people that get GI issues from the micro but not the instant, so i am most likely going to only make medium grind and many different varieties of Hawaiian instant kava. Aloha.

Chris

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Bought a bag of each order 22027.

Would appreciate a sending lol. I'm out of kava n kinda hangry. Stoked to support American kavakava too! Looking forward to trying them both.

Edit : Got the email about the shipping. In my mind you read this and got on it promptly. Thanks for the quick shipping!!

Last edited:

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
I just got both strains in the mail today. Ordered on the 15th. If there was any delay im sure its because of the quarantine. Papa kea seems different then I remember. Excited to open up the maheka next. good stuff

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
For some reason according to USPS the package is stuck in "pre shipment" since I ordered last Thursday. What exactly does "pre shipment" mean?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
For some reason according to USPS the package is stuck in "pre shipment" since I ordered last Thursday. What exactly does "pre shipment" mean?
I have ordered from GHK probably 30 times over the last 4-5 years. The paypal/USPS system that Chris uses generates a pre-shipment label from USPS almost as soon as you order. Then it takes 2-3 days for your kava to get to USPS and then on average 5-7 days to get from Hawaii to upstate NY. So on average 8-10 days from ordering to getting to my doorstep. It will update once Chris drops off your kava for shipment. His kava is excellent and you won't be disappointed. Just think "island time" vs "amazon time" .

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
I have ordered from GHK probably 30 times over the last 4-5 years. The paypal/USPS system that Chris uses generates a pre-shipment label from USPS almost as soon as you order. Then it takes 2-3 days for your kava to get to USPS and then on average 5-7 days to get from Hawaii to upstate NY. So on average 8-10 days from ordering to getting to my doorstep. It will update once Chris drops off your kava for shipment. His kava is excellent and you won't be disappointed. Just think "island time" vs "amazon time" .
Not worried about GHK for sure I know they're on the up. Just wondering what the post office is doin with my dang kava!! I'm still waiting on this, and order from ozia and Tongan family reserve lol.. it's all good. I can't wait for a hot summer day, a good lake, a nice chair, and some primo kava to chug while I fish. I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE MAHNG!!!

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Got the maha and papa today finnally. Took 3 TBL of maha and about a cup n a half of water for first wash, added another 2 tbl for second wash. Split both washes by a light fatty zero carb dinner. I find it relaxing. Perhaps balanced. It's got a taste to it, but underneath. It's weird lol. The taste isn't all in ya face. But it's there. Decent effects. Very chill.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
I just shelled the papa. 3 tbl in magic bullet, 7200 mg of liquid soy lecithin, some water, splash of milk, then rewashed the grog in a cup with an aluball that had 2 tbl of fresh in it. I got the taste of fresh cut grass. The effects are great. I literally want to go to a beach or something and lay in the sun. It's really relaxing but I don't want to sleep. Body feels warm, head buzz nice, behind and above the eyes. Ear ringing. Shit.. if this was in a pill form I'd pop 2 or 3 and call it a day. A really nice, relaxing kava that tastes of fresh cut pepper grass. Not too bad ghk. I'ma go knead the bag and shell some more. Aloha ghk.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
I just shelled the papa. 3 tbl in magic bullet, 7200 mg of liquid soy lecithin, some water, splash of milk, then rewashed the grog in a cup with an aluball that had 2 tbl of fresh in it. I got the taste of fresh cut grass. The effects are great. I literally want to go to a beach or something and lay in the sun. It's really relaxing but I don't want to sleep. Body feels warm, head buzz nice, behind and above the eyes. Ear ringing. Shit.. if this was in a pill form I'd pop 2 or 3 and call it a day. A really nice, relaxing kava that tastes of fresh cut pepper grass. Not too bad ghk. I'ma go knead the bag and shell some more. Aloha ghk.
BBEENNT!!! ABSOLUTELY FUCKING BENT!!! Oh my God papa kea is amazing!! I'm truly bent!! What a great kava!!! I even feel a touch nauseous. I'm eating bits of cheese and tomato to ease my stomach. Papa kea is the real deal y'all omg!!

Great job ghk!! I'm contemplating a trip to Hawaii I wanna see this shit first hand. Its amazing!!!