What's new

Powdered Kava Review Papa Kea - Medium Grind

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I liked this newer batch more than my original attempt, which was before I was into heavier kavas. This batch wasn't extremely heavy but definitely leans that way. It has more of the mental attributes of a heavy kava than the physical. A nice potent kava, similar to hiwa in many ways but perhaps a little more clear-headed. Potency is on point and at the price it was well worth it. A good kava for anxiety and just chilling out with friends. No side effects to speak of either.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the review and your honesty, I know that each different kava will affect each person in different ways. It is a very interesting effect that you had, I am glad that other kava's do not treat you that way. I guess that like you said this kava strain just does not mix well with your chemistry. Thanks again and aloha.

Chris

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I hope to contribute to this Papa Kea conversation soon! My shipment arrives in a few days but I think the Papa Kea will have to wait a bit. Here is what I am certain of. Considering the fact that this is considered the strongest strain in the GHK by Chris and everyone else, there is one thing for sure: There are going to be extremes when it comes to reviews. An example: I am a regular yerba mate drinker. This is my main daytime drink. There are certain herbs/cuts that some people love and others that some can't handle at all. Since kava is sort of a pepper itself, imagine a review on habanero pepper sauce. The reviews are going to be all over the board with varying opinions concerning both taste and intensity.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Well, it's a pepper, but not a Capsicum, it's a Piper. Piper nigrum is black pepper. Piper methysticum is kava. Habanero is Capsicum chinense.

But as you say, kava is very diverse in nature and effects. And body chemistry is very diverse and complex. How things affect me is somewhat unique. I get very little from Mahakea or Hanakapi'ai, but the OP in this thread, @ThePiper, loves those strains.